If you’re interested in starting a career in the information technology (IT) field, there are plenty of opportunities available. Yet, in most cases, you’ll need a degree to get started. There are many degree options out there from certificate programs to Bachelor’s degree programs. Which is the best for the IT field?
The truth is, the IT field is growing rapidly due to tech advancing virtually every second. This means that the “best” IT degree is the one that’s best for you. Whether you want to work in project management, computer networking or security, you truly can’t go wrong.
To choose the degree that’s the right fit for you, you must consider your interests as well as your desired career path. For example, if you want to get started in a new career in a year or less, a certificate program might be best. But, if you want to start a career with a solid IT education foundation, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program might be a great choice.
There’s a wide range of IT degrees available. At Cambridge, we offer all three degree types, including certificate, Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s degree.
- Computer Networking: Computer networking involves developing, maintaining and troubleshooting computer systems on behalf of an organization.
- Cyber and Network Security: Cyber and network security is a field dedicated to protecting critical computer systems and data from threats.
- Data and Project Management: This program enables you to go one of two ways: Into project management or data science. Project managers spend their days managing projects and tasks while data scientists work to uncover, wrangle and organize data.
- Health Information Technology: Health IT professionals work to ensure patient information is accurately recorded into EMR systems. They also help physicians and others access medical information safely.
- Data Management and Analytics: Data management and analytics involve the wrangling, management and understanding of critical business data.
- Project Management: Project managers plan projects and solidify goals. They also ensure teams are staying on track and measure project progress.
Ready to start your new IT career? The first step is to obtain an IT-specific degree. To learn more about our various degree programs or for help selecting the right one for you, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.
More on it an IT degree