Phlebotomy Technician Program
Certification in Phlebotomy Technician
Program Overview: Phlebotomy Technician
The Phlebotomy Technician Training Program from Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology and Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology prepares students for employment in less than three months. The program focuses on the skills and knowledge necessary to gain employment as a Phlebotomy Technician in a healthcare facility.
Upon successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician program, students will be prepared to sit for the required examination before the National Healthcare Association and begin the search for employment within the industry.
Why Choose Cambridge for Your Phlebotomy Technician Certification?
The Phlebotomy Technician certification program at Cambridge offers many benefits to students, including:
- Focused curriculum: The 11-week program is fast-paced and focused solely on the information and skills students need to become qualified candidates for Phlebotomy Technician positions, and to prepare for the National Healthcare Association (NHA) exam required to seek employment in the field. Throughout the program, students learn from experienced lecturers who understand what it takes to be a successful Phlebotomy Technician.
- Access to technology: The program mixes classroom instruction and hands-on learning to give students the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a Phlebotomy Technician career. Students learn while using the technology actually used in the medical field today.
- Support from staff members: Throughout the program, lecturers and staff members are committed to our students’ success. This includes offering additional support whenever necessary, and helping students prepare for the NHA exam.
Learn More About the Atlanta Phlebotomy Technician ExperienceLearn More About the Miami Phlebotomy Technician ExperienceLearn More About the Orlando Phlebotomy Technician ExperienceLearn More About the Palm Beach Phlebotomy Technician Experience
The outlook for the Phlebotomy Technician field is positive, according to the U.S. Department of Labor—experts predict that the field will continue to grow by more than 20 percent in the coming years. Due in large part to advances in healthcare technology and longer life expectancies among the population, the growth offers opportunities for qualified candidates in Florida and throughout the United States.
Phlebotomy Technicians are valued members of many medical care teams, including in hospitals, blood donation centers, testing facilities, medical clinics and more.
Phlebotomy Technicians are responsible for a wide range of duties, including gathering and testing patient samples in support of medical providers during the diagnostic process.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
Phlebotomy Technicians support doctors, nurses and other medical professionals during the diagnostic process and throughout the delivery of patient care. Working directly with patients, Phlebotomy Technicians execute a wide range of duties, including:
- Drawing and testing patient blood
- Evaluating patients during office visits
- Venipuncture procedures
- Point-of-care testing
- Monitoring patients’ blood glucose levels
- Preparation of bodily fluids for testing
- Recording and reporting test results to doctors and medical offices
Upon successful completion of this program, students receive a diploma/certificate in Phlebotomy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification
- 11-week course
- Focused curriculum
Recent Phlebotomy News & Articles
- New Phlebotomy School in Miami Provides Training Courses
Starting in 2020, there is a new opportunity available at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology. We’re opening a phlebotomy school at our Miami campus. We’ve offered similar programs in… Read more »
- Is a Phlebotomist an Allied Health Professional?
Phlebotomists, or phlebotomy technicians, spend their days drawing and testing blood, performing venipuncture procedures, preparing bodily fluids for testing and more. Due to the diagnostic nature of their work, phlebotomy… Read more »
- Where Can You Get a Phlebotomy Certification?
Phlebotomy is a rewarding and continuously growing career within the medical field. Students interested in phlebotomy certification can achieve it by attending an accredited college or university with a phlebotomy… Read more »