Computer Networking Program
Associate of Science in Computer Networking
This program focuses on operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of current operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and software. Included is development of skills in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of business applications, fundamental network concepts, printers, cabling, PC hardware, software, iOS, Android and more. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in the healthcare industry and the customer service industry with focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT field and healthcare. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification.
Computer Networking Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Configuration
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Routing and Switching
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network Technician including CompTIA Network + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cloud Foundations including CompTIA Cloud + Certification Exam Preparation
- Introduction to IT Project Management Including CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Health Information Technology
- English Composition
- Introduction to Health Science
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Networking is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- Computer Networking program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry including desktop technical work and network administration Pharmacy technicians will find employment in different job environments, such as hospitals, retail or mail order pharmacies, assisted-living facilities, nursing homes and in-home healthcare environments.
Associate of Science
You will earn a Associate of Science Degree upon successful completion of this training program.
- Associate of Science
- 75 weeks
Recent Computer Networking News & Articles
- The Power of Having an IT Degree and Certification
Information technology (IT) careers are in high demand across the country. Plus, it’s a wide-open field with room for everyone, regardless of interests. If you’re ready to join the IT… Read more »
- Are Online Degrees Worth It?
Many students wish to obtain a degree, yet they’re unable to attend classroom study due to work or family responsibilities. Many simply want an alternative to traditional education. Online degree programs… Read more »
- Online School for IT Certifications
The field of technology continues to expand—fast. So fast, in fact, that many organizations are hiring IT professionals quickly to meet demand. You can take advantage of the industry growth… Read more »