Medical Billing & Coding Online
Diploma/Certificate in Medical Billing & Coding
Program Overview: Medical Billing & Coding Online with the Participation of NC-SARA
(National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements)
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology/Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology’s Medical Billing and Coding diploma/certificate program offers students the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and prepare for a rewarding career in the medical field.
The Benefits of Learning at Cambridge College
Students at Cambridge enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Personal attention: Every member of the Cambridge community is focused on the success of our students. Whether you need help with a specific class or planning your career, our staff is here to provide the personalized guidance you need to succeed.
- Flexible schedules: The Medical Billing and Coding diploma/certificate program is offered online, allowing you to choose the learning style and schedule that best fits your personality and lifestyle. Classes are offered at multiple times, giving you the chance to balance your work, family and learning.
- Hands-on learning: Throughout the Medical Billing and Coding program, students are offered the chance to learn on the technology and software programs they’ll use during their careers. By learning in such a hands-on fashion, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running your first day on the job.
- Focused curriculum: Our Medical Billing and Coding diploma/certificate program focuses on providing students the training and knowledge necessary to excel in their careers. Each class is carefully designed and focused on the vital skills and information, allowing you to learn everything you need to become employable as a medical billing and coding specialist.
The demand for qualified medical billing and coding specialists is on the rise. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment opportunities for medical billing and coding specialists are expected to grow at least 20 percent between 2010 and 2020.
Changes in Medicare and Medicaid, combined with the emergence of electronic medical records management systems, offer additional employment opportunities for qualified medical billing and coding specialists.
Candidates looking to break into the medical billing and coding field require certification, as well as a specific set of skills and knowledge.
Medical billing and coding specialists—also called health information technicians and electronic health records specialists—manage patient data, ranging from bills and payments to treatment notes and patient imaging records.
What Does a Medical Billing & Coding Technician Do?
Under the supervision of physicians and medical administrators, medical billing and coding specialists conduct a wide range of medical billing and coding duties involving:
- Electronic health record administration
- Electronic library and archival requirements
- HIPPA requirements
- Medical billing software
- Medical record management software
- Medical record privacy laws
- Microsoft Office software
- Systems management
Successful completion of this program will earn you a diploma/certificate in Medical Billing and Coding. Additionally, you’ll be able to confidently sit for the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist exam offered through the National Health Career Association.
- Diploma/certificate program
- Online program
- Thorough preparation for the medical record keeping certification exam
Cambridge approved to participate in NC-SARA
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology has been approved by (Florida) to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
Cambridge Institute of Allied Health and Technology has been approved by (Florida) to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
Please visit nc-sara.org to learn more.