Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber & Network Security
As technology continues to be a consistent part of our lives, security is a growing concern. Many organizations are looking for qualified cyber and network security professionals to join their teams. Cambridge’s Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Network Security can prepare you for the security field.
During your program, you’ll learn everything there is to know about cybersecurity. You’ll discover how to complete risk assessments and perform digital forensics to safeguard networks and data. You’ll also learn to apply IT policies and procedures, how to ensure compliance and how to use ethical hacking to pinpoint security concerns.
Beyond your technical studies, you’ll also gain the required communication and leadership skills required for success in the field. After you complete this program, you’ll be eligible for entry-level employment.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
Yes. Our program prepares students for additional certifications for various positions in cybersecurity:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam
- Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA) exam
- CompTIA Security+ exam
- CompTIA A+ exam
- Several other exams, including healthcare IT-specific exams
The certifications you choose will depend on the type of career path you choose after graduation. They’re a great tool for solidifying your knowledge in cyber and network security.
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
Our program has been carefully designed to provide you with the subject matter knowledge and skills required for certification success. From learning how to gather security data to discovering legal issues in security, you’ll know the industry from the inside out.
Cyber & Network Security Bachelor’s Program Curriculum
- College Writing
- Abnormal Psychology
- Microcomputer Applications
- Data Management Foundations and Applications
- Network Technician
- Business of IT – Project Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure – Development and Operations
- Ethics in Technology
- Scripting and Programming Foundations
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Analysis
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Web Development Foundations and Applications
- Information Systems Security
- Legal Issues in Information Security
- Information Technology Capstone Project
- Emerging Technologies in Cybersecurity
- Managing Cloud Security
- Technical Communication
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, cybersecurity jobs are expected to increase by 31% between now and 2029, which is much faster than average growth. As technology continues to expand, so does a need for security professionals dedicated to protecting our critical tech infrastructure.
With a degree in cyber and network security, you’ll have many career opportunities, including:
- Information Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Security Auditor
Cyber and network security professionals work in various industries from healthcare to financial services.
Bachelor of Science
After successful completion of your program, you’ll graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Network Security
- 100% online
- 75 weeks
Recent Cyber & Network Security News
- What Degree Should I Get for Cyber Security?
Cyber security is a rapidly growing field. After all, as technology advances so do the threats. Cyber criminals use tools such as malware to infiltrate networks and steal data. And… Read more »
- How to Get Into Cyber Security
Cyber security is a critical field. As technology advances, we need security professionals ready and willing to protect our networks. And if cyber security sounds like the perfect career path for you,… Read more »
- Entry-Level Cyber Security Salaries
The field of cyber security is critical, especially as technology continues to advance daily. As the cyber security field expands, so do the many job opportunities. From security analysis to IT support,… Read more »