Cyber and Network Security Program
Certificate in Cyber and Network Security
The Cyber and Network Security Certificate program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the business and information technology industries including security professionals or enter additional training to meet the demands of various organizations, of various organizations, including health-related businesses.
This program focuses on cyber and network security through risk assessment and digital forensics to safeguard infrastructure and secure data through continuity planning and disaster recovery operations. It includes proven methods for information security using software analysis techniques and networking strategies to prevent, detect, and mitigate cyberattacks. In response to an increasing demand for network and security professionals, students will learn to apply knowledge and skills in network security and secure data through effective IT policies and procedures, to ensure uptime, performance, resources, and security of networks to meet the needs of the organization. Additionally, students will learn to describe the role of an information technology security specialist, demonstrate compliance and operational security, the use of ethical hacking, how to prevent IT attacks, the use of physical security, and the proficiency in network device security and access control models. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in organizations including the healthcare industry with a focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT and related fields, including healthcare IT. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to be ready for future certifications. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ Hardware and Software, Google IT Support Professional Certification Exam Preparation, Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA), Exam Preparation, CompTIA Security + Certification Exam Preparation, Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH) Exam Preparation, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam preparation and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam.
Cyber and Network Security Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology Including Google IT Support Professional Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Fundamentals of Information Security in Healthcare
- Designing Customized Security
- Managing Web Security including Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA) Exam Preparation
- Digital Forensics in Cybersecurity
- Managing Information Security*
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network and Security Applications including CompTIA Security + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cyber Defense and Countermeasures including Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
- Exam Preparation
- Information Systems Security Technology Specialist including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam preparation and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam preparation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Networking is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- Cyber and Network Security program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry and Healthcare-related industries as Cyber and Network Security support professionals
You will earn a Certificate upon successful completion of this training program.
- 48 weeks
Recent Cyber and Network Security News & Articles
- How to Get Into Network Security Without a Degree
Network security is a booming field. After all, every business with a network should keep security top of mind to protect their employees and customers. Students interested in network security should… Read more »
- Online School for IT Certifications
The field of technology continues to expand—fast. So fast, in fact, that many organizations are hiring IT professionals quickly to meet demand. You can take advantage of the industry growth… Read more »
- 4-Year College Alternatives for Those Wanting to Work in Cyber/IT
Many students think they only have one path when it comes to attending college. They believe you must go the traditional route, attending a 4-year university before starting your career.… Read more »