The traditional education route looks something like this: You obtain a high school diploma, go to a four-year school for your degree and then enter the workforce. Now, there are additional options that are more flexible and allow you to enter the workforce faster. One of those options is the certificate or diploma program.
The Benefits of a Computer Networking Certificate
A Computer Networking program prepares you to work with the elements of a computer network, including printers, cabling, PC hardware, software and apps. After the program, you’ll walk away knowing how to operate, configure and troubleshoot these systems. Plus, you’ll experience various benefits of holding a certificate:
- Enter the workforce faster: Our Computer Networking program takes approximately 48 weeks or just under a year to complete. This means you could obtain entry-level employment in just a year.
- Save on education costs: Traditional two-year or four-year programs can seem overwhelming when it comes to cost. For example, you’ll need to pay for two to four years of tuition as well as on-campus boarding and commuting. Certificate programs are often offered online, meaning you won’t have to pay for additional room and board. Plus, you’ll only need to pay for a year’s tuition.
- Learn at your own pace and on-the-go: Our Computer Networking certificate program is an online program. You can do your online classes at your own pace and from anywhere. If you need to work, you can. Online classes make work/life balance simpler.
What Can You Do With a Certificate in Computer Networking?
After your Computer Networking program, you’ll be eligible for entry-level employment. There are many types of careers out there depending on your interests. Some career examples include:
- Network Technician
- Helpdesk Technician
- Computer Repair Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Junior Network Administrator
- Wireless Network Specialist
That’s only a sampling of what’s out there for you. It’s also possible to choose where you work with your diploma. For example, many network techs choose to work in healthcare settings such as hospitals and doctor’s offices. Others choose to work in business offices, manufacturing plants, non-profits and financial institutions.
Learn More About Our Computer Networking Certificate
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers students interested in computer networking an in-depth Computer Networking certificate program. To learn more about the program or to apply today, give Cambridge a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.