Computer Networking Program
Certificate in Computer Networking
The program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the information technology industry including desktop technical work and network administration or enter additional training to meet the demands of various organizations, including medical offices, hospitals, medical centers, long-term care facilities, clinics, or other appropriate businesses.
This program focuses on operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of current operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and software. Included is development of skills in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of business applications, fundamental network concepts, printers, cabling, PC hardware, software, iOS, Android and more. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in the healthcare industry and the customer service industry with focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT field and healthcare. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification.
Computer Networking Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Configuration
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Routing and Switching
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network Technician including CompTIA Network + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cloud Foundations including CompTIA Cloud + Certification Exam Preparation
- Introduction to IT Project Management Including CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Preparation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Networking is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- Computer Networking program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry including desktop technical work and network administration Pharmacy technicians will find employment in different job environments, such as hospitals, retail or mail order pharmacies, assisted-living facilities, nursing homes and in-home healthcare environments.
You will earn a Certificate upon successful completion of this training program.
- 48 weeks
Recent Computer Networking News & Articles
- Online School for IT Certifications
The field of technology continues to expand—fast. So fast, in fact, that many organizations are hiring IT professionals quickly to meet demand. You can take advantage of the industry growth… Read more »
- 4-Year College Alternatives for Those Wanting to Work in Cyber/IT
Many students think they only have one path when it comes to attending college. They believe you must go the traditional route, attending a 4-year university before starting your career.… Read more »
- What Can I Do With a Degree in Computer Networking?
As technology continues to evolve, the need for computer networking specialists grows. To take advantage of this career opportunity, you’ll need a degree in computer networking. 4 Careers You Can… Read more »