Computer Networking Program
Associate of Science in Computer Networking - Atlanta, Georgia Location Only
This program focuses on operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of current operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and software. Included is development of skills in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of business applications, fundamental network concepts, printers, cabling, PC hardware, software, iOS, Android and more. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in the healthcare industry and the customer service industry with focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT field and healthcare. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ and the Network+ industry certifications. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ and the Network+ industry certifications.
Computer Networking Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Configuration
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Routing and Switching
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network Technician including CompTIA Network + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cloud Foundations including CompTIA Cloud + Certification Exam Preparation
- Introduction to IT Project Management Including CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Health Information Technology
- English Composition
- Humanities I
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Support Specialists is projected to grow 6 percent from 2021 to 2031, faster than the average for all occupations.
- Computer Networking program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry including desktop technical work and network administration.
Computer Networking Industry Certifications available for Diploma Program & Associates Degree Program
- CompTia IT Fundamentals Certification Exam (ITF+) The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity, identifying common software applications and their purpose and using security and web browsing best practices.
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exam A+ (A Plus) is an entry-level computer certification for PC computer service technicians. The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. The A+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). There are two exams that must be taken in order to earn the certification.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam The CompTIA Network+ certification is an IT certification exam that verifies you have the essential knowledge and skills in networking to develop a career in IT infrastructure. CompTIA Network+ certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
- CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam CompTIA Project+ is the Computing Technology Industry Association’s certification program designed to demonstrate validated learning and skills in project management. Project+ certification allows employers to easily recognize a qualified professional project manager to help manage and direct company initiatives. At least 12 months of cumulative project management experience or equivalent education is recommended.
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Exam CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills you need to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services. Cloud+ covers the increased diversity of knowledge, skills and abilities required of system administrators to validate what is necessary to perform effectively in data center jobs. The Cloud+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). Two to three years of experience are recommended to take the test.
Recent Computer Networking News & Articles
- What Certifications Are Needed in Computer Networking
In the world of IT, certifications are a great way to prove your skills to employers and keep your abilities up-to-date. For computer networking roles, there are certain certifications that will… Read more »
- Computer Networking Job Titles & Salaries
If you love technology and are interested in an IT career, then computer networking may be the path for you. Computer networking involves working with an organization’s computers and networks and can… Read more »
- How Do I Get Started in a Computer Networking Career
Computer networking is a fascinating field within IT. As a computer networking professional, you’ll be tasked with developing, maintaining and troubleshooting vital computer systems. If this sounds like the perfect career path… Read more »