Who can apply to the Radiology program at Cambridge?
- Anyone with a High school diploma looking for a rewarding career in healthcare
What does a Radiologic Technologists do?
Radiologic technologists typically do the following:
- Adjust and maintain imaging equipment
- Precisely follow orders from physicians on what areas of the body to image
- Prepare patients for procedures, including taking a medical history and answering questions about the procedure
- Protect the patient by shielding exposed areas that do not need to be imaged
- Position the patient and the equipment in the location needed to get the correct image
- Operate the computerized equipment to take the images
- Work with radiologists reading the images to determine whether other images need to be taken
- Keep detailed patient records
Where do Radiologic Technologists work?
- Physician offices
- Medical and diagnostic laboratories
- Outpatient centers
- Federal government
Why chose Cambridge?
- Obtain an Associate’s Degree in Radiology in just 24 months
- There are no pre-requisites required to enter the program
- General education courses are offered online
- Clinical rotations at hospitals and outpatient centers in Palm Beach, Broward and Dade County
- Fully energized, computerized radiography x-ray laboratory with interactive Smart Board
More on how to become a radiologic technologist