Learn More About Our Orlando Radiation Therapy Program’s Curriculum
Radiation therapy is a critical part of patient care. As a radiation therapist, you’ll spend your days supporting cancer patients as they journey through a life-changing medical condition. Our Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy program delivers all the knowledge you need for career success.
The program takes approximately two years to complete. During those two years, you’ll study a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Health science
- Medical terminology
- Radiation therapy physics
- Radiation therapy patient care
- Treatment planning
- Anatomy and physiology
Each class has been carefully designed to prepare you for success in the field of radiation therapy. Once you complete the program, you’ll be eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registry exam for certification.
Why Should You Choose Our Orlando Radiation Therapy Program?
Our Orlando-area campus is located about ten miles north of Orlando in beautiful Altamonte Springs. Students who attend our Orlando campus will experience many unique benefits such as:
- Technology training labs: As a radiation therapist, you’ll need to use equipment designed to deliver radiation therapy to patients. Our Orlando-area campus offers an industry-current training lab. During your studies, you’ll train using the same equipment you will in the field.
- Experienced instructors: Each of your classes will be led by an instructor with years of experience in the field. Through your instructor, you’ll receive first-hand knowledge about the radiation therapy field you won’t receive elsewhere.
- Job placement services: Many local healthcare facilities around the Orlando area are looking for experienced radiation therapists to join their patient care teams. We work with these local facilities to help place our students in their open positions. In fact, we place students in new positions every day.
- Externship programs: Hands-on training is the best way to learn new medical skills. That’s why we offer externship programs at local healthcare facilities, including clinics, hospitals and doctor’s offices. During these externships, you’ll work alongside medical professionals to learn the skills you need for success.
Students attending our Altamonte Springs campus will enjoy all of this and easy access to various restaurants, shops and entertainment venues. It’s the perfect place to start your program and enjoy your life outside of school too.
The program’s court schedule includes:
|Anatomy & Physiology
|Introduction to Health Science
|Anatomy & Physiology Lab
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
|Introduction to Psychology
|Fundamentals of Speech
|Clinical Externship I A
|Clinical Externship II A
|Clinical Externship III A
|Clinical Externship IV A
|Introduction to Clinical Radiation Therapy & Operations
|Orientation to Radiation Therapy & Patient Care
|Radiation Therapy Physics I
|Radiation Therapy Physics II & Quality Management
|Radiation Biology & Protection
|Principles & Practice of Radiation Therapy I
|Principles & Practice of Radiation Therapy II
|Radiation Therapy Review Seminar
|Sectional Anatomy & Imaging Principles
Start Your Radiation Therapy Career With Cambridge
If you’re ready to start your new career in radiation therapy, we’re here to support you. To learn more about our Radiation Therapy program or for answers to your questions, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.