Radiation Therapy Program
Radiation Therapist Training Program
Program Overview: Radiation Therapy Program
The Radiation Therapy Training Program at Cambridge College of Health & Technology offers students the education and training needed to work in a healthcare facility as a professional Radiation Therapist. The two-year Associates degree program is offered both online and in classroom, allowing students to complete a portion of their studies from the comfort of their homes.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are armed with the knowledge, skills and training to pursue entry-level employment within the field of Radiation Therapy, and to take and pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registry Examination.
Why Choose Cambridge for Radiation Therapy Training?
Students select Cambridge for Radiation Therapy training for many reasons, including the program’s:
- Hybrid approach to learning: The Radiation Therapy training program at Cambridge is offered partially online, allowing students to work, play and live while obtaining an education. Students in the Palm Beach and Atlanta areas can enjoy a mix of in class and online learning, while obtaining the training needed to succeed in the field of Radiation Therapy.
- Focus: The program’s curriculum is focused on the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the Radiation Therapy field. This allows students to obtain the skills and education they need in under two years.
- Exam preparation: Students who successfully complete the Radiation Therapy training program at Cambridge are prepared for success in the workplace and in the ARRT Registry Examination. This exam certifies Radiation Therapists as qualified candidates for employment in healthcare facilities and is a requirement of many employers throughout the United States.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment opportunities for Radiation Therapists are expected to grow as much as 27 percent by 2018. As radiation technology becomes safer and more effective, the treatment will be used on a more widespread basis, leading to a need for qualified individuals to administer care.
Students who complete the Radiation Therapy program at Cambridge have a wide range of employment options, including as Radiation Therapists, sales consultants for therapy equipment manufacturers, radiation therapy equipment service engineers and more.
Radiation therapy is a viable treatment for many forms of cancer. Radiation Therapists play a vital role in administering radiation therapy to patients, supporting patients and family members, and maintaining safe treatment conditions.
What Does a Radiation Therapist Do?
Radiation Therapists play a key role in the treatment of cancer patients in hospitals and medical clinics. Working with a Radiation Oncologist, Radiation Therapists are responsible for many duties, including:
- Preparation and sterilization of radiation therapy rooms
- Understanding and maintaining radiation safety standards
- Monitoring and documentation of radiation treatments
- Positioning patients for treatment
- Applying ionizing radiation therapy to patients
- Supporting patients throughout the delivery of care
Upon successful completion of this program, students receive an Associates of Science Degree in Radiation Therapy
- Associates of Science in Radiation Therapy
- 2-year curriculum
- Online and classroom learning
Recent Radiation Therapy News & Articles
- How to Become a Radiation Therapist
Radiation therapy is a rewarding career that’s different from the traditional medical route. As a radiation therapist, you’ll use medical machines to deliver radiation that treats tumors and cancer cells. The… Read more »
- How Can I Become an X-Ray Technician in Miami?
X-ray technicians are critical members of the patient care team. They assist medical professionals by using imaging to diagnose medical conditions and injuries. They also support patients by managing their… Read more »
- 5 Reasons to Become a Radiation Therapist in Miami
In Miami, there are many medical career opportunities. One of those opportunities is a career in radiation therapy. Why Should You Become a Radiation Therapist in Miami? Radiation therapy is a… Read more »