Learn More About Our Palm Beach Medical Lab Technician Program Curriculum
Interested in a rewarding career in the medical field? Want to work behind the scenes instead of in patient-facing care? A career as a medical lab technician might be a great choice for you.
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is proud to offer an Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician in Palm Beach, Florida. During your time on campus, you’ll experience hands-on training and many other benefits to supplement your curriculum.
The Medical Lab Technician program covers a wide range of topics related to your chosen field such as:
- Medical terminology
- Health science
- Anatomy and physiology
Our curriculum meets all of the requirements for entry-level work as a medical lab technician. During your time with us, you’ll learn how to test blood and other bodily fluids for diagnostic purposes. You’ll also learn how to use specialized medical equipment and how to work successfully in a lab environment.
The Benefits of Attending Our Medical Lab Technician Program in Palm Beach
Our Palm Beach campus offers a spacious learning environment where you can focus on your studies. And with access to local restaurants and shops, it’s a great place for a perfect work/life/school balance. Other benefits of attending our Palm Beach campus include:
- Experienced faculty: Each member of our faculty has years of experience in their chosen field. This means you’ll learn real-world insights you won’t get anywhere else. These insights will help support you in your medical lab career.
- Clinical externship programs: Our clinical externship programs enable you to work on-site at various medical facilities around the Palm Beach area. You’ll have the opportunity to work in labs, hospitals and other places of patient care.
- Hands-on training: Through our industry-current training lab, you’ll be able to practice using the same lab equipment you’ll use in the field.
After program completion, you’ll be prepared for entry-level employment in medical facilities such as labs and hospitals. The program’s course schedule includes the subject matter you need for success:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Introduction to Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
- Laboratory Orientation/Quality Assurance
- General Chemistry
- Hematology I
- Hematology II
- Clinical Chemistry
- Career Services Credential Review
- Clinical Practicum
Contact Us Today to Get Started
A medical lab technician career is not only rewarding but a great career for those interested in the medical field. In only two years, you can receive your Associate of Science degree through Cambridge.