Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician
Become a Medical Laboratory Technician With an Associate Degree From Cambridge
The Medical Laboratory Technician program from Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology prepares students for entry-level employment. This program focuses on the skills required to become a medical laboratory technician, where you’ll assist medical professionals with performing tests to help diagnose, prevent, monitor and treat medical conditions.
Why Choose Cambridge for Your Medical Laboratory Tech Program?
At Cambridge, you’ll experience many unique benefits offered through our Atlanta campus such as:
- Hands-on training: You’ll learn through classroom instruction as well as in our medical laboratory for hands-on, real-world training. You’ll also experience clinical externships via local hospitals, doctor’s offices and more.
- Hybrid learning: For your convenience, our Atlanta campus offers a partially online curriculum, which allows you to keep a solid balance between your education and your life.
- Supportive faculty and staff: Our faculty includes qualified, credentialed instructors that will support you throughout your program. We do what it takes to help you succeed.
Learn More About the Medical Lab Technician Experience in Atlanta
Learn More About the Medical Lab Technician Experience in Miami Learn More About the Medical Lab Technician Experience in Orlando Learn More About the Medical Lab Technician Experience in Palm Beach
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is proud to offer an Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician for students living in or around Atlanta. Our beautiful Atlanta campus has a lot to offer students as they venture through their in-depth and hands-on medical laboratory training.
The goal of the Medical Lab Technician program is to prepare you for entry-level employment, regardless of the organization you choose to practice in. This program’s course schedule includes:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Introduction to Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
- Laboratory Orientation/Quality Assurance
- General Chemistry
- Hematology I
- Hematology II
- Clinical Chemistry
- Career Services Credential Review
- Clinical Practicum
Learn More About Cambridge’s Medical Lab Technician Program Curriculum in Atlanta
Learn More About Cambridge’s Medical Lab Technician Program Curriculum in MiamiLearn More About Cambridge’s Medical Lab Technician Program Curriculum in OrlandoLearn More About Cambridge’s Medical Lab Technician Program Curriculum in Palm Beach
Medical lab technicians are currently in high demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of these technicians is projected to grow by 11% between now and 2028, much faster than average. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of settings from hospitals to specialty clinics and beyond.
By collecting and analyzing bodily fluids, tissues and substances, the medical laboratory technician supports medical professionals with medical condition diagnosis and treatment.
What Does a Medical Laboratory Technician Do?
Through the use of specialized equipment, technicians analyze bodily fluids such as blood and urine, and tissue samples resulting from biopsies. After their analysis, they record both normal and abnormal results for diagnosis by a medical professional.
Some technicians also study blood samples for use in transfusions by identifying the number of cells, the cell’s morphology, the blood type, blood group and compatibility with other blood types. In their day-to-day work, technicians operate sophisticated lab equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
Upon successful completion of this program, students receive an Associate of Science degree.
- Associate of Science degree
- Partial online program
- 75 weeks
Recent Medical Laboratory Technician News & Articles
- What to Expect After You Complete a Medical Lab Technician Program
Medical lab technicians play a critical role in patient care. Through lab testing, they can help healthcare professionals find and diagnose medical conditions and diseases. Cambridge’s Medical Lab Technician program is a… Read more »
- What Job Is Right for Me in the Medical Field?
The medical field is a vast industry, full of exciting careers. When presented with so many options, many of our students question which career path is right for them. It’s… Read more »
- 5 Reasons to Become a Medical Lab Technician
Although some individuals want to become nurses or physicians, these career paths aren’t the best choice for everyone. If you’re looking for a rewarding healthcare career that doesn’t require hands-on… Read more »