Cyber security is a booming field. As organizations begin to take advantage of more and more technology, they must have cyber security professionals to ensure their networks and data are safe.
Want to become a cyber security professional yourself? The good news is that you can obtain an entry-level career with just an Associate’s degree. Yet, to take your career to the next level, you should consider a Bachelor’s degree.
A Bachelor’s degree only takes approximately 75 weeks after you obtain your Associate’s degree. Plus, there are many benefits to obtaining a Bachelor’s degree, including:
- More job opportunities: A Bachelor’s degree allows you to choose from additional job opportunities you wouldn’t have access to with an Associate’s degree. For example, management positions often require a Bachelor’s degree.
- Better wages: Those who hold a Bachelor’s degree make $32,000 more a year on average than those with a high school diploma. Of course, wages and their differences depend on where you live and work.
- Enables you stand out from the crowd of applicants: Some organizations will require applicants to have a Bachelor’s degree to be considered for cyber security positions. And even if the organization you are applying to doesn’t, you’ll still stand out from the crowd.
- Increased knowledge: Obtaining a Bachelor’s degree means you’ll receive additional knowledge through your college program. This will give you confidence in your abilities, so you can move forward in your career with your head held high.
- Additional certifications: A Bachelor’s degree program will allow you to take and pass various exams to obtain additional certification in the field. For example, you can become a Certified Ethical Hacker or a Systems Security Certified Practitioner.
There are many career paths you can choose from with a Bachelor’s degree in cyber and network security. Some of these paths include:
- Information Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- SOC Analyst
- Security Auditor
There’s also the possibility of obtaining management positions with a Bachelor’s degree and some experience under your belt. It all depends on your career goals and what you wish to achieve after graduation.
Are you ready to start your Bachelor’s degree program? We’re here to help. Our Bachelor of Science in Cyber and Network Security program was designed to help you succeed in your new career. To learn more about the program, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.
More on cyber and network security degree