As businesses in every industry start to increase their technology use, these organizations must hire cyber security professionals to protect their critical networks. With a Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, you can take advantage of industry growth and obtain a fast-moving and rewarding career.
At Cambridge, we offer a Bachelor of Science in Cyber and Network Security degree to students interested in joining the field. There are many career options you can choose from. Let’s dive into them here.
Types of Job Opportunities in Cyber and Network Security
There are many unique career paths you can choose from with a Bachelor’s degree in cyber security. Some of these paths include:
- Information Security Analyst: Information security analysts perform a wide range of duties from installing firewalls and security software to analyzing security threats.
- Penetration Tester: Penetration testers use ethical hacking skills to “hack” into an organization’s network to test its security and vulnerabilities. This information is then used to improve the security of the network.
- SOC Analyst: These analyst monitor the organization’s network infrastructure for possible threats. Automated systems required the analyst’s constant supervision and decision making capabilities.
- Security Auditor: Security auditors are responsible for auditing an organization’s security system to ensure it works. Auditors will also give their recommendations on what needs to be done to improve an organization’s cyber security.
- Cyber Security Engineer: As an engineer, you would be responsible for creating cyber security systems and networks on behalf of your organization.
Additional Advancement Opportunities With a Bachelor’s Degree
After you start your new career and earn some experience, there are additional advancement opportunities for you as a Bachelor’s degree holder. For example, you may be able to enter a management position, where you’ll lead a team of other security professionals.
To ensure you’re set up for future career success, we suggest obtaining additional certifications during your Bachelor’s degree program. Our program will prepare you for various exams, including the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam, the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam and the Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA) exam.
Start Your Bachelor’s Degree Program Today With Cambridge
Cambridge offers our Bachelor of Science in Cyber and Network Security to students who wish to enter this growing field. Plus, we offer the support and guidance you need for success. To learn more about our program, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.
More on a cyber security degree