The Patient Care Technician program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami provides students with the training required for medical career success. Our program offers an in-depth curriculum as well as hands-on training through clinical externships at local facilities.
Our Patient Care Technician program is only 36 weeks long. This means you’ll be able to start your medical career in under a year. During your Miami program, you’ll experience a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Home health
- Nursing basics
- Health and body systems
- Patient care basics
Each course in our program has been carefully designed by those experienced in the field. Once you complete your program, you’ll be eligible to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) examination for licensing. We’ll teach you everything you need to know and provide support to ensure certification success.
The Benefits of Obtaining a Certification Through Cambridge in Miami
The Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology campus provides many benefits to students throughout the Miami-area:
- Clinical externships: We partner with many local facilities to provide clinical externships. Through this program, you’ll get to work in local hospitals or clinics to gain real-world medical experience.
- Supportive faculty and staff: Our faculty and staff are here to support you in your studies. Whether you need study help, assistance with an assignment or simply a word of encouragement, we’re here for you.
- Experienced instructors: Our instructors have experience in the field of patient care. You’ll walk away from each course with insights you wouldn’t gain through a traditional program.
- Focused curriculum: Our curriculum provides the subject matter you must learn for success and nothing more. There are no distractions here.
- Comfortable learning environment: Our Miami campus includes plenty of open space and learning labs for a comfortable learning environment. Plus, we’re located near plenty of shops and restaurants for when you need a break.
At the end of your program, you’ll have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform critical patient care duties. This program’s course schedule includes:
|HC102||Health Care and Body Systems|
|NA101||Articulated Nursing Assistant|
|NA102||Nursing Assistant Externship (prerequisite-NA101)|
|PC101||Home Health Aide|
|PC102||Patient Care Assistant|
|PC104||Allied Health Assistant|
|PC105||Patient Care Technician|
Jumpstart Your Patient Care Tech Career Today by Calling Cambridge
The medical field is constantly evolving and growing. If you’re looking to start your medical career in Miami, Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology can help with our in-depth Patient Care Technician program. To learn more about the program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.