The Medical Billing and Coding Online curriculum at Cambridge is designed to provide students with career training for employment as a Medical Billing and Coding specialist. Students in the Atlanta area can take advantage of the online program to obtain the foundational skills and knowledge needed to pursue entry-level positions in Medical Billing and Coding.
The program’s curriculum covers a wide range of medical basics including:
- Health Science Core Fundamentals
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Office Procedures
- Computer Applications
- Computerized Practice Management
- CPT- 4
- ICD- 9/HCPCS
- Medical Insurance
- Records Management Systems
Each course in the program’s curriculum has been carefully designed to provide students with the necessary skills and training. They all adhere to the requirements of healthcare accrediting and certification organizations.
Flexible Approach to Learning
In just under 38 weeks, students are offered the skills, training, and knowledge needed to succeed in Medical Billing and Coding careers. The course’s online delivery offers many benefits to students, including:
- Work/life/school balance: The online delivery of our Medical Billing and Coding curriculum makes it possible for students to work, enjoy activities, and maintain strong family and personal relationships.
- Comfortable learning: Online courses allow students to learn and study at their own pace in their own homes. The more students can focus on learning, and the less they must worry about ancillary items such as travel time, the more likely they are to succeed.
- Invaluable training: The online format sacrifices nothing in terms of delivering key training and knowledge to students. Each course is taught by a highly qualified instructor with extensive knowledge of the medical billing and coding field, giving students access to valuable insight and resources.
The program’s course schedule includes:
|Course Code||Course Description||Clock Hours|
|HSC 100||Health Science Core Fundamentals I||45|
|HSC 120||Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab||60|
|HSC 130||Anatomy & Physiology II & Pathophysiology||75|
|HSC 140||Medical Terminology||45|
|MCB 100||Introduction to Medical Billing and Coding||45|
|MCB 110||Electronic Medical Office Procedures||60|
|Com 100||Computer Applications||60|
|Com 120||Computerized Practice Management||45|
|MCB 180||ICD 10||60|
|MCB 200||Medical Insurance||45|
|MCB 160||Medical Office Procedures||60|
|EMR 140||Electronic Medical Records I||75|
|EMR 150||Electronic Medical Records II||75|
|HSC 160||Professional Development and Career Preparation||15|
Take the Next Step Toward a Successful Medical Billing and Coding Career
Our Medical Billing and Coding program offers the education and training you need to pursue a rewarding career in the Medical Billing and Coding field. To learn more about the program, contact an advisor today.