Medical assistants are a critical part of a patient’s care team. They help support doctors and other healthcare professionals with numerous tasks such as recording clinical information, performing medical tests, obtaining samples for lab tests and so much more.
Is a Medical Assistant Career a Great Choice for You?
Are you interested in entering the medical field? Want to start your career quickly? Want to make a difference in the lives of countless patients? If this sounds like you, a career as a medical assistant might be a perfect choice.
Medical assistant careers are rewarding and provide you the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your medical career in less than a year.
5 Additional Reasons to Become a Medical Assistant in Palm Beach
There are plenty of other great reasons to become a medical assistant in Palm Beach beyond those mentioned above. Some of these reasons include:
- Flexible work schedules: Some medical facilities such as hospitals don’t ever close. This means you have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule that fits your family’s needs.
- Additional training opportunities:After you receive certification, there are plenty of opportunities available by pursuing additional training. For example, Cambridge offers our MA students the ability to pursue Phlebotomy, EKG NCCT and X-Ray Operator certification to round out your medical knowledge.
- Unique work environments:Do you want to work specifically with elderly patients? Maybe you wish to work with pediatric patients. You can choose work environments that align with where you want to specialize. For example, you can work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices, surgical centers and more.
- Solid salary with benefits:According to Payscale, medical assistants make average hourly salaries between $11.77 and $19.73. Plus, most healthcare employers offer great benefits packages that include health insurance, retirement benefits and more.
- Career advancements:Medical assisting is a great place to jumpstart your medical career. With a few years of experience under your belt, you may be eligible for advancements. For example, you could become a clinical team leader, an office manager, a lead medical assistant, healthcare administrator and more. The opportunities are endless in healthcare.
Learn More About Our Palm Beach Medical Assistant Program
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is proud to offer students in Palm Beach a complete Medical Assistant Diploma program. Our Palm Beach campus offers everything you need for success from spacious learning areas to dedicated staff.