Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant Associate of Science
Program Overview: Physical Therapist Assistant
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology’s Physical Therapist Assistant program prepares students for a career as a physical therapist assistant in two years. Throughout the program, students gain the knowledge and training necessary to be successful in a wide range of healthcare facilities.
Our program prepares students to sit for the required National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) for proper licensing.
The Reasons to Choose Us for Your Physical Therapist Assistant Degree Are Many
The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Cambridge offers many benefits to students such as:
- Experienced faculty and staff: All of the faculty and staff have experience in the field, giving you an edge when it comes to your career. Plus, our dedicated staff will help you succeed through additional support and exam preparation.
- Focused curriculum: Our program includes two years of study, complete with a curriculum focused on physical therapy techniques. Students learn the skills necessary to be successful throughout their careers through hands-on learning and experienced lecturers.
- Access to state-of-the-art technology: All of the tools used for training at Cambridge are the same tools used daily in the field.
Employment for physical therapist assistants is growing across the United States. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of physical therapist assistants is projected to grow 30% between 2016 and 2026, must faster than the average for all occupations. Demand is also expected to increase in response to the healthcare needs of the older population and individuals with chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity.
Physical therapist assistants have direct care with their patients, recording the outcomes of each treatment such as exercise and massage.
Physical therapist assistants support physical therapists throughout the delivery of patient care. Working directly with patients, physical therapist assistants are responsible for a wide range of duties such as:
- Observing and monitoring patients before, during and after therapy
- Conducting exercises with patients
- Performing massages
- Performing electrical stimulation and paraffin baths
- Assisting in traction and ultrasound treatment
Upon successful completion of this program, students receive an Associates of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Associates of Science in Physical Therapy
- 2-year program
- Focused curriculum in physical therapy and medical care
- Atlanta Campus – Atlanta, Georgia, area