The Phlebotomy Technician Certification program offered at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology’s Atlanta campus prepares students for successful careers in the field. In just under three months, the program provides students the foundational knowledge and skills needed to support larger patient care teams by gathering and testing samples during the diagnostic and treatment processes.
Following successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician Certification program, students are qualified to seek entry-level employment as phlebotomy technicians in a wide range of medical settings, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities and more.
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Health career core knowledge
- Blood draw procedures
- Venipuncture procedures and processes
- Bodily fluid handling and preparation
- Patient monitoring
- Charting, recording, and reporting of procedures and results
The curriculum has been carefully designed to cover all subject matter and training necessary to qualify for employment and succeed in a phlebotomy technician role.
Enjoy the Benefits of Earning Your Phlebotomy Technician Certificate at Cambridge College
Students in the Phlebotomy Technician Certificate program at Cambridge College enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Fast-paced learning: The program’s curriculum has been carefully designed to focus on fundamental subjects and procedures to prepare students for lasting careers, without unnecessary classroom or training time. This allows students to obtain the education they need to begin pursuing employment, without devoting years to their education.
- Hands-on training: Throughout the program, students are trained to perform phlebotomy procedures on a state-of-the-art training arm. This hands-on training prepares students for the field and helps build crucial procedural skills, without fear of injuring a live patient.
- Attentive support: Every member of the Cambridge College faculty and staff is committed to the success of our students. To help students achieve that success, we offer attentive support before, during and after educational programs. Whether students require assistance with coursework, financial aid or career planning, the staff at Cambridge is here to help.
|Course Code||Course Title||Clock Hours|
|HSC110||Health Science Core||100|
|PHL110||Principles and Practice of Phlebotomy||120|
Start Your Healthcare Career. Apply Today.
In just 11 weeks, you can earn the knowledge and skills you need to begin a successful and rewarding career as a phlebotomy technician. To apply for the Phlebotomy Technician Certification program, or to learn more about the career, contact an advisor today.