The Phlebotomy Technician Diploma program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology prepares Orlando area students for careers as basic phlebotomists. The 11-week curriculum covers the fundamental subjects and procedures students need to act as a crucial part of a medical care team during diagnostic and treatment processes.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are qualified to execute the duties of a phlebotomist, including gathering bodily fluids, preparing samples for testing, testing samples and reporting results to care teams.
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Health career core knowledge
- Blood draw procedures
- Venipuncture procedures and processes
- Bodily fluid handling and preparation
- Patient monitoring
- Charting, recording, and reporting of procedures and results
The curriculum has been carefully designed to prepare students for employment in hospitals, clinics, testing facilities and other healthcare settings.
Enjoy the Benefits of Earning Your Phlebotomy Technician Diploma at Cambridge
The Phlebotomy Technician Diploma program offers many benefits to students in the Orlando area, including:
- Experienced instructors: The instructors in the Phlebotomy Technician Diploma program have years of experience in the healthcare world. This experience allows our instructors to provide the insight and advice students need to apply coursework to actual real-world situations. It also allows students to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits and challenges of healthcare careers.
- Hands-on training: The ability to confidently draw blood and gather other bodily samples is crucial to the phlebotomist career. Students in the program are offered hands-on training using cutting-edge training arms, helping to build these skills and confidence. The training arm helps students practice standard and specialized blood draws and other procedures they will utilize throughout their careers.
- Supportive staff: The staff and faculty at Cambridge are committed to helping students succeed, not only in their education but also in their careers. To achieve these lofty goals, we offer one-on-one support during education programs, career guidance and more. Whatever assistance or advice students need, they’ll find our staff more than willing and able to help.
|Course Code||Course Title||Clock Hours|
|HSC110||Health Science Core||100|
|PHL110||Principles and Practice of Phlebotomy||120|
Jumpstart Your Healthcare Career. Apply Today.
If you are interested in jumpstarting your healthcare career, the Phlebotomy Technician Diploma program at Cambridge may be right for you. To apply for the program or to learn more about the program and phlebotomist career, contact an advisor today.