Medical lab technicians are responsible for testing and analyzing lab samples to help medical professionals diagnose medical conditions and diseases. They play a critical role in any patient care team.
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami offers an in-depth Medical Laboratory Technician program to students interested in this career. During your time with us at Cambridge, you’ll gain the knowledge you need for success through courses covering:
- Medical terminology
You’ll learn how to test samples such as blood and urine. You’ll also learn how to use laboratory equipment safely. At the end of your program, which takes approximately 75 weeks, you’ll walk away with an Associate of Science degree.
The Benefits of Our Miami Medical Lab Technician Program
Our Miami campus is located conveniently on Park Centre Boulevard. Plus, we offer plenty of parking for students who must commute to class each day. Students choose our Miami campus for its many benefits, including:
- Clinical externships: Any educational program should provide hands-on training to prepare you for the field. Through our clinical externship program, we partner with local healthcare facilities to do just that. You’ll be able to work in a local lab to solidify the skills you’ve learned in class.
- Focused curriculum: Our programs have been designed to include all of the education you need for a successful career. Our curriculum keeps you focused on the subject matter you need, instead of things you don’t.
- Spacious and comfortable learning environment: Our Miami campus is spacious with plenty of room for comfortable learning. We also offer training labs that house the same equipment you’ll use in the field.
- Study assistance: Our staff and faculty are here to support you. Through each class and certification, we’re available to help you study and excel.
Need a better work/life/school balance? Our Miami campus is located near plenty of shops and restaurants to help you balance your responsibilities and enjoy your time with us.
The primary goal of our Medical Lab Technician program is to prepare you for entry-level employment. This program’s course schedule includes:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Introduction to Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
- Laboratory Orientation/Quality Assurance
- General Chemistry
- Hematology I
- Hematology II
- Clinical Chemistry
- Career Services Credential Review
- Clinical Practicum
Start Your New Career as a Medical Lab Technician in Miami
Miami is the perfect place to start your new medical lab technician career. Cambridge is ready to support you in reaching your career goals. To learn more about our Medical Laboratory Technician program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.