The Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology is a two-year program designed to prepare students for successful careers in the radiology field. The curriculum offers students the knowledge and skills needed to pursue entry-level work as Radiologic Technologists.
Each course in the program has been carefully designed to adhere to the guidelines of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health science
- Medical terminology
- Radiologic science
- Image production
- Radiographic physics
In addition to providing a diverse knowledge base, the Radiologic Technologist Training Program also prepares students to sit for and pass the certification examinations needed to pursue careers in the field.
Learn in the Classroom, Online & in the Field
Throughout the Radiologic Technologist Training Program, students are offered a number of learning opportunities, including:
- Classroom instruction: Throughout the program, classroom instruction is provided by highly-qualified medical professionals with experience in the radiology field. By learning from people who know the field first-hand, students are better prepared for the transition from classroom to career.
- Online coursework: Several of the program’s courses are offered via online distance learning. The break from the classroom allows students to continue earning credits while also balancing work, family and personal life.
- Hands-on training: Our technology training labs offer students hands-on access to the industry current radiology equipment. During the program, students train and learn using the equipment they will use throughout their careers.
- Externships: Cambridge maintains an externship partnership with many of the Orlando area’s leading medical facilities. During the mandatory externships, students are exposed to real-world radiology environments, challenges and procedures. The experience and networking relationships gained during these externships is crucial to future career success.
Radiologic Technology Program Goals
Goal 1: Demonstrate clinical competence in the care of patients.
- Students will apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on image receptors.
- Students will deliver appropriate patient care while maintaining a safe environment according to OSHA and ALARA principles.
Goal 2: Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine exams.
Goal 3: Model professional and ethical behavior as a member of the healthcare team.
- Students will maintain ethical and professional values.
- Students will attend a society meeting.
Goal 4: Demonstrate written and oral communication skills within the healthcare setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
|Course Code||Course Description||Credits|
|ENC 1101||English Composition||3|
|SPC 1016||Fundamentals of Speech||3|
|BSC 1085||Anatomy & Physiology||3|
|BSC 1085 L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab||1|
|BSC 1086||Anatomy & Physiology II||3|
|BSC 1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab||1|
|HSC 1000||Introduction to Health Science||3|
|MAC 1105||College Algebra||3|
|MEA 1239||Medical Terminology||2|
|CTS 1050||Introduction to Computers||3|
|PSY 1012||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|RTE 1201||Introduction to Radiologic Sciences||3|
|RTE 1025||Principles of Image Production I||2|
|RTE 1026||Principles of Image Production II||2|
|RTE 2025||Cross Sectional Anatomy/Advanced Modalities||3|
|RTE 1030||Radiographic Physics||4|
|RTE 1270A||Clinical Externship I A||5|
|RTE 1280A||Clinical Externship II A||5|
|RTE 2005A||Clinical Externship III A||8|
|RTE 2010A||Clinical Externship IV A||8|
|RTE 2020A||Clinical Externship V A||8|
|RTE 1206||Radiographic Procedures V||2|
|RTE 1206L||Radiographic Procedures Lab V||1|
|RTE 1202||Radiographic ProceduresI||3|
|RTE 1202L||Radiographic Procedures Lab I||1|
|RTE 1203||Radiographic Procedures II||3|
|RTE 1203L||Radiographic Procedures Lab II||1|
|RTE 1205||Radiographic Procedures IV||2|
|RTE 1205L||Radiographic Procedures Lab IV||1|
|RTE 1204||Radiographic Procedures III||2|
|RTE 1204L||Radiographic Procedures Lab III||1|
|RTE 2500||Senior Registry Review||3|
|RTE 2015||Radiographic Biology & Protection||3|
Join the Growing Radiologic Technology Field. Apply Today.
The radiologic technology field continues to grow at a fast pace, resulting in a number of career opportunities for qualified individuals. To begin your path towards a career in radiology, apply for the program or contact an advisor today.