Data and Project Management Program
Associate of Science in Data and Project Management
This program focuses on developing skills to understand, analyze, wrangle, and visualize data, organizing project management activities while developing specialized skills in office management with an understanding of accounting and human resources with an emphasis on organizations including healthcare-related businesses. It also includes an overview of desktop and computer support functions. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in organizations including the healthcare industry with a focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT and related fields, including healthcare IT. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to be ready for future certifications. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
The Data and Project Management Associate Degree program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in businesses in the information technology industry and healthcare-related industries as data and project management support professionals for setting up a database environment, design databases, acquire data, wrangle it, analyze it, and visualize it to different audiences as part of the decision-making process and developing a comprehensive foundation for project management activities. It includes an overview of the health information technology field and health information management field and includes an introduction to general education knowledge of science, technology, math, English, and psychology.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ Hardware and Software Certification, Google IT Support Professional Certification, Internet Webmaster Data Analyst Exam industry certification, Project Management Exam Preparation, and Structured Query Language-related Certification Exam Preparation.
Data and Project Management Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Healthcare Business Accounting and Human Resources
- Data Foundations and Applications
- Healthcare Project Specialist
- Introduction to Data Science, Analytics, Wrangling and Visualization
- Internet Webmaster Data Analytics including Certified Internet Webmaster Data Analyst
- Exam Preparation
- Business of IT – Project Management Including Certified Associate in Project Management Exam Preparation
- Healthcare Business and Data Analytics
- Health Information Technology
- Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- English Composition
- Introduction to Health Science
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Data and Project Management is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- The Data and Project Management program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry and Healthcare-related industries as data and project management support professionals.
Associate of Science
You will earn an Associate of Science Degree upon successful completion of this training program.
- Associate of Science
- 75 weeks
Recent Data and Project Management News & Articles
- What Can I Do With a Data & Project Management Degree?
Data science and project management are two rapidly growing fields. Students interested in one or both fields can get started by attending our Data and Project Management program. There are numerous… Read more »
- The Power of Having an IT Degree and Certification
Information technology (IT) careers are in high demand across the country. Plus, it’s a wide-open field with room for everyone, regardless of interests. If you’re ready to join the IT… Read more »
- Are Online Degrees Worth It?
Many students wish to obtain a degree, yet they’re unable to attend classroom study due to work or family responsibilities. Many simply want an alternative to traditional education. Online degree programs… Read more »