Program Offered at:
Delray Beach Campus – Palm Beach County, FL
Practical Nursing Course Descriptions and Objectives
- 1350 Clock hours
- 54 weeks of Instruction (day program)
- 85 weeks of instruction (evening program)
- Credential Awarded: Diploma
The practical nursing program is a 54 week diploma program that offers a theoretical courses and clinical experiences to develop the student in the knowledge and skills pertinent to the role of the practical nurse. The student will benefit from critical thinking exercises, case studies, virtual studies, simulations and a range of clinical experiences. The student will engage a sequence of theoretical and clinical courses such as anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of nursing, growth & development, medical surgical nursing, mental health, gerontology, pharmacology, maternity & pediatrics. In addition, the student will develop competencies in documentation, therapeutic communication, life span, cultural practices, coordination and leadership. NCLEX type questions and concepts are integrated throughout the program. There are various opportunities for the student to apply nursing knowledge and skills in the classroom, skills laboratory and clinical & virtual settings. The successful graduate will be awarded a Certificate in Practical Nursing. Request more information or schedule an appointment today.
Goals of the Practical Nursing Program:
- Prepare students for entry level employment positions with the appropriate competencies in practical nursing.
- Graduate students who are satisfied with their academic and clinical preparation.
- Develop graduates in the affective, cognitive and psychomotor domains.
- Instill students with a lifelong desire to achieve professional and academic excellence.
Practical Nurse (LPN) School Serving the following areas in Southern Florida:
Delray, Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, South Florida, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington, Lake Worth, Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Royal Palm Beach, Green Acres, Lantana, Deerfield, Hypoluxo, Palm Springs, Boynton Beach, Lake Park, Manalapan, South Palm Beach, Parkland, Tamarac, and more!