The Associate of Science in Health Information Technology program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers students the insights and knowledge required to enter the healthcare tech field. Our program is offered completely online, offering you the flexibility you need for school and life balance.
What You’ll Receive From Our Health IT Program
The 75-week or two-year program covers many topics required for success in the healthcare technology field, including:
- Medical terminology
- Health data content and structure
- Legal aspects of healthcare
- Healthcare statistics
- Billing and coding
- Insurance and reimbursement procedures
Plus, you’ll build the necessary foundation for success with general studies covering math, communications and more. After successful completion of the program, you’ll be able to seek entry-level employment in healthcare. There are many careers to choose from, including:
- Medical Records Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Cancer Registrar
- Certified Coding Associate
- Medical Coding Consultant
- Health IT Instructor
Discover the Benefits Our Health IT Program Offers
Students moving through the Health Information Technology program through Cambridge will have access to many unique benefits without the need to come to campus.
- Flexible learning: Online instruction allows students to learn at their own pace, where and when they need to. This allows you to work, take care of your family and simply live your life as you study. Our program is delivered via online chat, video and bulletin board interactions.
- Focused curriculum: All of the courses in this program were chosen to ensure students receive the knowledge they need for success. The curriculum streamlines your learning process and allows you to focus on what matters most.
- Expert support: At Cambridge, our goal is to see you succeed in your career. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to that cause, supporting you through exam prep, study assistance and more.
- Comfortable learning: Online courses allow students to study at their own pace without commuting to campus. You can focus on your studies comfortably, instead of worrying about your schedule.
After you complete your program, you’ll have access to additional services such as job placement. We’ll help you find the perfect position where you can use your newfound healthcare technology skills.
The program’s course schedule includes:
|Fundamentals of Speech
|Anatomy & Physiology I
|Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
|Introduction to Health Sciences
|Introduction to Health Sciences
|Computers in Healthcare
|Introduction to Psychology
|Fundamentals of ICD Coding
|Insurance and Reimbursement Procedures
|Health Information Systems
|Health Data Content and Structure
|Healthcare Delivery Systems
|Health Information Technology
|Principles of CPT/HCPCS
|Legal Aspects of Healthcare
|Clinical Quality Assessment
|Comparative Health Records and Data Security
|Virtual Lab Practicum
Contact an Advisor to Learn More About Our Health IT Program Today
The Health IT space is growing rapidly across the country. Jumpstart your career with Cambridge today. To learn more about our Health Information Technology program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.