Data and Project Management Program
Certificate in Data and Project Management
This program focuses on developing skills to understand, analyze, wrangle, and visualize data, organizing project management activities while developing specialized skills in office management with an understanding of accounting and human resources with an emphasis on organizations including healthcare-related businesses. It also includes an overview of desktop and computer support functions. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in organizations including the healthcare industry with a focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT and related fields, including healthcare IT. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to be ready for future certifications. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
The Data and Project Management Associate Degree program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in businesses in the information technology industry and healthcare-related industries as data and project management support professionals for setting up a database environment, design databases, acquire data, wrangle it, analyze it, and visualize it to different audiences as part of the decision-making process and developing a comprehensive foundation for project management activities.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ Hardware and Software Certification, Google IT Support Professional Certification, Internet Webmaster Data Analyst Exam industry certification, Project Management Exam Preparation, and Structured Query Language-related Certification Exam Preparation.
Data and Project Management Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Healthcare Business Accounting and Human Resources
- Data Foundations and Applications
- Healthcare Project Specialist
- Introduction to Data Science, Analytics, Wrangling and Visualization
- Internet Webmaster Data Analytics including Certified Internet Webmaster Data Analyst
- Exam Preparation
- Business of IT – Project Management Including Certified Associate in Project Management Exam Preparation
- Healthcare Business and Data Analytics
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Data and Project Management is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- The Data and Project Management program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry and Healthcare-related industries as data and project management support professionals.
You will earn a Certificate upon successful completion of this training program.
- 60 weeks
Recent Data and Project Management News & Articles
- Important Skills to Become a Data Scientist Technician
As a data scientist technician, you’ll spend your days collecting, analyzing and interpreting data. With this data, you’ll help businesses and organizations make critical decisions needed for growth. To be… Read more »
- What Can You Do with a Project Management Bachelor’s Degree?
Every organization, whether in healthcare or technology, requires the expert help of a project manager. They spend their days managing critical business projects, ensuring their organization stays on track to… Read more »
- 10 Reasons to Start a Career in Data & Project Management
Data and project managers are highly sought after in the tech world. As companies initiate more projects, they need qualified professionals to translate data and take leadership roles. Let’s explore… Read more »
Data and Project Management Industry Certifications available for Diploma Program & Associates Degree Program
- CompTia IT Fundamentals Certification Exam (ITF+) The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity, identifying common software applications and their purpose and using security and web browsing best practices.
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exam A+ (A Plus) is an entry-level computer certification for PC computer service technicians. The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. The A+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). There are two exams that must be taken in order to earn the certification.
- CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam CompTIA Project+ is the Computing Technology Industry Association’s certification program designed to demonstrate validated learning and skills in project management. Project+ certification allows employers to easily recognize a qualified professional project manager to help manage and direct company initiatives. At least 12 months of cumulative project management experience or equivalent education is recommended.
- CIW Data Analyst Certification Exam The CIW Data Analyst Certification is part of the CIW Web and Mobile Design series. The exam is designed to certify the use of data to analyze all aspects of a company’s operation and make appropriate business decisions. It focuses on Web-oriented data, and methods for analyzing data in order to create appropriate dashboards, reports and solutions.
- Certified Associate in Project Management Certification Project Management Institute (PMI) offers a professional certification known as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® for individuals seeking to gain more responsibility or add project management- skills into their current role. The CAPM certification offers recognition to practitioners who are interested or are just starting a career in project management, as well as project team members who wish to demonstrate their project management knowledge.
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Certification Become an Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate and demonstrate understanding of fundamental SQL concepts needed to undertake any database project. Passing the exam illustrates depth of knowledge of SQL and its use when working with the Oracle Database server. Gain a working knowledge of queries, insert, update and delete SQL statements as well as some Data Definition language and Data Control Language, the optimizer, tales and indexes, data modeling and normalization. By passing this exam, a certified individual proves fluency in and a solid understanding of SQL language, data modeling and using SQL to create and manipulate tables in an Oracle Database.