Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology provides an online Associate of Science in Cyber and Network Security featuring a carefully built curriculum designed to make students marketable in today’s competitive job environment. You’ll gain technical skills and communication skills that allow you to pursue a rewarding career in the healthcare IT field without sacrificing your current job and family life.
Whether you’re already in IT and looking to advance your career or you’re in another field and ready to make the switch to IT security, our online associate degree program could be a great fit.
Coursework Designed With Your Success in Mind
The 75-week cyber and network security associate degree program consists of core technical courses, exam prep courses, and “soft skills” courses designed to make you a well-rounded employee who is both technically skilled and effective at communicating with non-technical people.
A full curriculum/course breakdown is at the end of this page. You’ll see that you’ll study a wide variety of topics, some expected and others you might be surprised to see:
- Fundamentals of information security in healthcare
- Digital forensics in cybersecurity
- Network and security foundations and applications
- Health information technology
- Non-technical study in areas like psychology, English composition, algebra and speech to ensure your education is broad enough to help you relate to non-technical professionals.
Preparation for Cyber and Network Security-Related Exams
The online cyber and network security degree program at Cambridge includes significant time and energy devoted to preparing for the many information security certification exams that you may need to pass to obtain the job you want:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam
- Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA) exam
- CompTIA Security+ exam
- CompTIA A+ exam
- Several other exams, including healthcare IT-specific exams
Why Students Choose Cambridge’s Online Cyber and Network Security Degree Program
Our students know that the right education can change everything. Cambridge has become a leading institution in cyber and network security study because we provide:
- Comprehensive curriculum: The associate degree curriculum is weighted toward information security technical knowledge and skill but includes several non-technical classes that make students more well-rounded and desirable employees.
- Access to a growing field: Employment for information security-related positions is projected to grow 32 percent from 2018 to 2028, much fast than the average job, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Faculty and support: You’ll always have someone in your corner, from class instructors to financial aid counselors to academic advisors and career placement professionals.
- Flexibility: Studying online allows busy people to advance their education while maintaining their day jobs and raising kids. A robust online portal and digital tools like video classes and chat features ensure you’ll feel connected to everyone even though you’re not in a classroom.
Cambridge associate degree study prepares you to perform important healthcare IT security tasks such as developing strategies to reduce an organization’s risk, design secure network architecture, perform audits to validate the integrity of information, and so much more. And when you’re ready, our career services specialists will help you in your job search.
Online Cyber and Networking Security Associate Degree Courses
- Introduction to Information Technology Including Google IT Support Professional Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Fundamentals of Information Security in Healthcare
- Designing Customized Security
- Managing Web Security including Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA) Exam Preparation
- Digital Forensics in Cybersecurity
- Managing Information Security*
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network and Security Applications including CompTIA Security + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cyber Defense and Countermeasures including Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
- Exam Preparation
- Information Systems Security Technology Specialist including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam preparation and EC-Council
- Certified Ethical Hacker exam preparation
- Health Information Technology
- Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- English Composition
- Introduction to Health Science
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
Discuss the Cyber and Network Security Degree With Our Advisors
With an Associate of Science in Cyber and Network Security from Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology, you’ll be a strong candidate for the healthcare IT security job you’ve been hoping to land. Find out more about the curriculum and overall program by speaking with one of our advisors today. To schedule a meeting, please call 877-206-4279 or send us a message.