Computer Networking Program
Certificate in Computer Networking - Atlanta, Georgia Location Only
The program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the information technology industry including desktop technical work and network administration or enter additional training to meet the demands of various organizations, including medical offices, hospitals, medical centers, long-term care facilities, clinics, or other appropriate businesses.
This program focuses on operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of current operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and software. Included is development of skills in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of business applications, fundamental network concepts, printers, cabling, PC hardware, software, iOS, Android and more. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in the healthcare industry and the customer service industry with focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT field and healthcare. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+, and, optionally, the Network+ industry certification and a healthcare IT-related certification.
Learn More About the Computer Networking Certificate Experience
Read Our Computer Networking FAQ
Computer Networking Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Configuration
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Routing and Switching
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network Technician including CompTIA Network + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cloud Foundations including CompTIA Cloud + Certification Exam Preparation
- Introduction to IT Project Management Including CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam Preparation
Learn More About Our Computer Networking Certificate Curriculum
You will earn a Certificate upon successful completion of this training program.
- 60 weeks
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Networking is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.
Computer Networking program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry including desktop technical work and network administration.
Recent Computer Networking News & Articles
- What Certifications Are Needed in Computer Networking?
In the world of IT, certifications are a great way to prove your skills to employers and keep your abilities up-to-date. For computer networking roles, there are certain certifications that will… Read more »
- Computer Networking Job Titles & Salaries
If you love technology and are interested in an IT career, then computer networking may be the path for you. Computer networking involves working with an organization’s computers and networks and can… Read more »
- 4-Year College Alternatives for Those Wanting to Work in Cyber/IT
Many students believe they must go the traditional route by attending a 4-year university before starting a career. However, that’s simply not true. In the IT field, there are many ways… Read more »
- CompTia IT Fundamentals Certification Exam (ITF+) The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity, identifying common software applications and their purpose and using security and web browsing best practices.
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exam A+ (A Plus) is an entry-level computer certification for PC computer service technicians. The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. The A+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). There are two exams that must be taken in order to earn the certification.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam The CompTIA Network+ certification is an IT certification exam that verifies you have the essential knowledge and skills in networking to develop a career in IT infrastructure. CompTIA Network+ certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
- CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam CompTIA Project+ is the Computing Technology Industry Association’s certification program designed to demonstrate validated learning and skills in project management. Project+ certification allows employers to easily recognize a qualified professional project manager to help manage and direct company initiatives. At least 12 months of cumulative project management experience or equivalent education is recommended.
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Exam CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills you need to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services. Cloud+ covers the increased diversity of knowledge, skills and abilities required of system administrators to validate what is necessary to perform effectively in data center jobs. The Cloud+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). Two to three years of experience are recommended to take the test.
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) Routing and Switching Cisco Certified Technician Routing and Switching (CCT Routing and Switching) certification focuses on the skills required for onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating environments. Technicians in this area must be able to identify Cisco router and switch models, accessories, cabling, and interfaces; understand the Cisco IOS Software operating modes and identify commonly found software; and be able to use the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to connect and service products. Achieving CCT Routing and Switching certification is considered the best foundation for supporting other Cisco devices and systems.