The Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology’s Palm Beach area campus prepares students for entry-level careers in the radiology field. The two-year program provides the foundational knowledge and critical skills necessary for successful employment in hospitals, clinics and many other healthcare settings.
The program’s curriculum has been carefully designed to adhere to the guidelines of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health science
- Medical terminology
- Radiologic science
- Image production
- Radiographic physics
Upon successful completion of the program, students are prepared to act as a key member of a larger patient care team, and to execute the many duties of the radiologic technologist position, including capturing and analyzing diagnostic images.
The Well-Rounded Education You Need to Succeed in a Radiology Career
The Radiologic Technologist Training Program offers the education and training necessary to a successful radiology career. Through a combination of classroom instruction, online coursework and hands-on training, the program prepares students to:
- Use and manage technology: Throughout the program, students gain valuable hands-on experience in our cutting-edge technology training lab. The technology lab houses the industry current radiology equipment, allowing students to train and build skills on machines they are likely to use throughout their careers.
- Capture quality images: Radiologic Technologists are tasked with capturing a wide range of images for diagnostic purposes. To prepare students for that role, the program’s classroom and online instruction offer detailed knowledge of the human body, while hands-on training and externships train help students to build the skills needed to capture quality images.
- Provide effective patient care: The program’s required externships offer students the opportunity to work closely with patients in leading medical facilities throughout the Palm Beach area. The real-world experience gained during externships helps students better relate to and build rapport with patients.
Radiologic Technology Program Goals
Goal 1: Demonstrate clinical competence in the care of patients.
- Students will apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on image receptors.
- Students will deliver appropriate patient care while maintaining a safe environment according to OSHA and ALARA principles.
Goal 2: Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine exams.
Goal 3: Model professional and ethical behavior as a member of the healthcare team.
- Students will maintain ethical and professional values.
- Students will attend a society meeting.
Goal 4: Demonstrate written and oral communication skills within the healthcare setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
|Fundamentals of Speech
|Anatomy & Physiology
|BSC 1085 L
|Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
|Introduction to Health Science
|Introduction to Computers
|Introduction to Psychology
|Introduction to Radiologic Sciences
|Principles of Image Production I
|Principles of Image Production II
|Cross Sectional Anatomy/Advanced Modalities
|Clinical Externship I A
|Clinical Externship II A
|Clinical Externship III A
|Clinical Externship IV A
|Clinical Externship V A
|Radiographic Procedures V
|Radiographic Procedures Lab V
|Radiographic Procedures Lab I
|Radiographic Procedures II
|Radiographic Procedures Lab II
|Radiographic Procedures IV
|Radiographic Procedures Lab IV
|Radiographic Procedures III
|Radiographic Procedures Lab III
|Senior Registry Review
|Radiographic Biology & Protection
Start Your Radiologic Technologist Career in Just Two Years. Apply Today.
In just two years, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to start a rewarding career in the radiology field. To get started, apply for the Radiologic Technologist Training Program or contact an advisor today.