Learn More About What to Expect From Your Orlando Medical Lab Technician Program
Medical lab technicians are responsible for testing and analyzing lab samples. Through these efforts, they assist medical professionals with helping their patients heal. During your program, you’ll learn the insights you need for career success through courses such as:
- Clinical chemistry
- Medical terminology
You’ll learn the differences between lab samples and how to test them for diagnostic purposes. You’ll also learn how to use laboratory equipment and how to best support your lab team.
The Medical Lab Technician program takes approximately 75 weeks. After completion, you’ll receive an Associate of Science degree.
What Are the Benefits of Our Orlando Medical Lab Technician Program?
Our Orlando-area campus is located in Altamonte Springs, Florida. As you study, you’ll have access to shops, restaurants, banks and other amenities for your convenience. Public transportation is also within walking distance.
Students interested in studying with Cambridge choose our Orlando-area campus for its many benefits:
- Comfortable learning environment: Our Orlando-area campus is 10,700 square feet in size, offering plenty of technology labs and classrooms. From studying to taking a break between classes, it’s the perfect place to learn.
- Focused curriculum: Our Medical Lab Technician program offers a focused curriculum consisting of the subject matter you need for success, from obtaining lab samples to sample analysis.
- Hands-on training: During your program, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a clinical practicum. Through the practicum, you’ll get to learn and train in real-world situations, preparing you for the field.
- Experienced instructors: Each of our instructors has years of experience in their area of study, allowing you to learn insights you won’t get elsewhere.
- Study assistance: At Cambridge, we care about your success. That’s why we offer study assistance and encouragement throughout your program.
The goal of our Medical Lab Technician program is to prepare you for entry-level employment in the field. The program’s course schedule is as follows:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Introduction to Health Science
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
- Laboratory Orientation/Quality Assurance
- General Chemistry
- Hematology I
- Hematology II
- Clinical Chemistry
- Career Services Credential Review
- Clinical Practicum
Flexible Learning Opportunities for Simplified School/Life Balance
Our Medical Lab Technician program offers a flexible learning environment. This means that some of your classes will be available online and inside the classroom. Online learning provides the flexibility you need to take care of your family, work and play.
Ready to Get Started? Reach Out to Cambridge in Orlando Today.
If you’re ready to jumpstart your new career as a medical lab technician, we’re here to help. Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers everything you need for career success. To learn more about our Medical Lab Technician program or to get started today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.