Learn About Cambridge’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography Miami Curriculum
The Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami provides students with the education and training they need for a successful career in Ultrasound. Your education will cover a wide range of topics such as:
- Health sciences
- Anatomy and physiology
- Psychology, physics and speech fundamentals
- Medical terminology
- Sonographic anatomy
- Principles of sonography
- Echocardiography, OBGYN sonography and more
Our education meets each of the requirements set forth by leading healthcare accrediting organizations and prepares students for required licensing examinations. Our courses are designed to provide students with the curriculum and knowledge required to thrive in the industry, no matter where they find employment.
Flexible Learning to Fit Your Unique Needs
At Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology, we offer a flexible learning experience with a hybrid approach. Students receive the education they need with the school and life balance they crave. Our education approach includes:
- An optimal learning environment: Class sizes are small for individual attention, courses are focused and instructors are supportive throughout the program. We offer both online courses and classroom courses for optimal learning.
- A clinical externship: We offer students the experience they need in the field through our required externship. We offer externships with many Miami-area medical providers and locations, giving students the opportunity to receive hands-on training for their sonography career.
- The latest technology: Our students learn to use only the latest imaging technology to prepare for equipment utilized in the healthcare field.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Miami Program Goals
The goal of our Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is to prepare entry-level sonographers for the medical field by providing the knowledge, skills, and behaviors they need to be successful, regardless of the specialization they choose. The program’s course schedule includes:
|Course Code||Course Description|
|BCS-1085*||Anatomy & Physiology I|
|BCS-1085L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab|
|BCS-1086*||Anatomy & Physiology II|
|BCS-1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab|
|ENC 1101*||English Composition|
|HSC 1000*||Introduction to Health Sciences|
|MAC 1105*||College Algebra|
|MEA 1239*||Medical Terminology|
|PSY 1012*||Introduction to Psychology|
|SPC 1016*||Fundamentals of Speech|
|DMSA-1002||Principles of Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation|
|DMSA-2001||Principles of Abdominal Sonography I|
|DMSA-2002||Principles of Abdominal Sonography II|
|DMSA-2003||Principles of OBGYN Sonography I|
|DMSA-2004||Principles of OBGYN Sonography II|
|DMSA-2005||Introduction to Vascular Sonography|
|DMSA-2006||Echocardiographic Pathology I|
|DMSA-2007||Echocardiographic Pathology II|
|DMSA-2009||Introduction to Echocardiographic Anatomy|
|DMSA-2010||Clinical Externship I|
|DMSA-2011||Clinical Externship II|
|DMSA-2012||Clinical Externship III|
|DMSA-2013||Clinical Externship IV|
*Indicates courses taught via Distance Education
Ready to Start Your Medical Sonography Career?
Are you ready to start your medical career as a diagnostic medical sonographer? In just over two years, you can earn your Associate of Science degree and receive the training required to pursue your career. To get started today, reach out to Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology by calling 877-206-4279.