Atlanta is home to many award-winning medical facilities. Many of these facilities want to hire qualified medical assistants to join their teams. Could that be you? Our Atlanta-area Medical Assistant program can help prepare you for this rewarding career.
The Perfect Mix of In-Classroom Instruction & Hands-On Training
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers the perfect mix of in-classroom instruction and hands-on training to aspiring medical assistants.
What You’ll Study in Class
During classroom study, you’ll learn the basics of healthcare from how to give injections to how to support patients. As you venture through your program, you’ll experience a ton of subject matter, including:
- Health basics
- Medical assisting principles
- Administrative procedures
Your program will last approximately 36 weeks. This means you’ll be eligible to complete your program and obtain certification in under a year.
Clinical Externship Program
Outside of the classroom, you’ll receive hands-on training through our clinical externship program. You’ll get to work with medical professionals in local healthcare facilities to gain real-world knowledge in the field.
For example, you’ll learn how to set up EKGs and how to deliver immunizations. You’ll also learn how to support patients through their care. The facilities we partner with include clinics, hospitals, surgical centers and many others.
What Can You Expect While Studying on Our Atlanta-Area Campus?
Our Atlanta-area campus is located on the campus of St. Joseph’s Hospital in Sandy Springs, Georgia. If you choose our Atlanta campus, you can expect:
- Easy access: Our Atlanta campus is centrally located for easy access. Plus, those who choose to commute to campus have access to plenty of covered parking. Need a break between classes? You’ll be close to plenty of restaurants and shops you can enjoy.
- Plenty of support and guidance: Our experienced faculty and staff are here to support you from application to graduation. Whether you need some encouragement or assistance with your certification exam, we’re here to help.
- Assistance with your future career: Our Career Services department helps students like you land their dream jobs. We can help you with everything from improving your interview skills to finding job placement opportunities.
Call Us Today to Apply for Our Medical Assistant Program
Your new career starts with a simple phone call. We’re here to support you as you reach your educational goals. To learn more about the Medical Assistant program or to apply today, call our team at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.
More on a medical assistant program