The Medical Assistant diploma program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology provides students the knowledge and training needed to pursue employment in the medical assistant field. Blending classroom learning, hands-on training and clinical externships, the program helps students develop skill sets vital to career success.
The 36-week Medical Assistant program covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Health basics
- Medical assisting
- Administrative procedures
By offering this range of foundational knowledge, the program prepares students to provide general patient care in a wide range of medical facilities, including hospitals, long-term care facilities and clinics.
Explore the Benefits of Our Medical Assistant Program
Students in the Medical Assistant program at Cambridge College enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Multiple learning environments: Students in the Medical Assistant program participate in classroom lectures, hands-on training and clinical externships. This blended approach to learning reinforces subject matter and helps students build career-critical skills.
- Comprehensive curriculum: The curriculum for the Medical Assistant program has been carefully developed to cover the foundational subjects and meet the standards of various healthcare certification organizations. This ensures that every student who completes the program is prepared for career success and certification.
- Additional skillsets: To further the general knowledge curriculum, the Medical Assistant program provides additional skill sets, specifically in the area of Basic X-Ray imaging. Students who complete the X-Ray component of the program may explore additional career opportunities and certifications.
- Exam prep: Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program are eligible to sit for the RMA, CMA, and NCCT national registry and certification examinations, as well as the BXMO and EKG NCCT certification examinations. Throughout the program, students are offered tools and support to prepare for these examinations.
The medical assistant program’s coursework includes:
|Course Code||Course Description||Clock Hours|
|HC101||Heath Core and Body Systems||100|
|MA101||Medical Office Process||60|
|MA102||Financial & Insurance Office||60|
|MA103||Anatomy / Physiology / Related Diseases||80|
|MA105||Pharmacology/ Medication Administration||80|
|MA107||Medical Assisting Externship||220|
Chart Your Path Toward a Medical Assistant Career in Palm Beach, Florida
The Medical Assistant diploma program at Cambridge College prepares students in the Palm Beach area for successful careers in the medical field. To learn more about the program, contact an advisor today.