Some individuals who want a career in healthcare wish to work in direct patient care. Although nurses and other professionals are critical to patient care, some important careers exist behind-the-scenes.
The Impact of Technology in the Healthcare Industry
It’s no secret that technological advancements in healthcare have saved countless lives. For example, where would we be without the pill or the x-ray machine? Now, technology is widely used as a critical part of healthcare processes. For example:
- Electronic health records now replace paper records.
- Big data is being used to improve the overall quality of care and even predict disease outbreaks.
- Telemedicine helps physicians diagnose and treat patients remotely.
It’s easy to see the impact technology has on the healthcare industry as a whole. As organizations begin to embrace it for the sake of better patient care, they come face-to-face with an emerging need: someone to manage those technical systems on their behalf. Is that you?
Emerging Healthcare and Technology Careers
If you’re interested in entering the healthcare field, yet wish to stay beyond hands-on patient care, a career in information technology might be a great route for you. Many tech-based careers exist in healthcare such as:
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Support Specialist
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Records Coder
- Health IT Instructor
- Coding Auditor
- Health Information Management
And this is only scratching the surface. To successfully and safely join technology and health together, organizations must have individuals on their team that have experience in computer networking, network security, and data and project management.
At Cambridge, we offer six unique IT programs to help you start your career in healthcare technology. These programs include:
- Data and Project Management Diploma Program
- Data and Project Management Associate Program
- Cyber and Network Security Diploma Program
- Cyber and Network Security Associate Program
- Computer Networking Diploma Program
- Computer Networking Associate Program
Each program will teach you everything you need to know to have a successful and lasting career in healthcare technology.
Start Your Healthcare Technology Career Today
Both healthcare and technology are here to stay. Take advantage of healthcare technology’s rapid growth by starting a new career right at the crossroads of patient care and tech. To learn more about our programs, give us a call at 877-206-4279.