Many students interested in becoming a medical assistant often worry about the difficulty of the college program. The truth is, studying to enter the medical field can be a challenge at times. After all, being involved in healthcare requires technical skill and knowledge for the best patient outcomes.
Yet, becoming a medical assistant is just as rewarding as it is challenging. And with some hard work and dedication, you can successfully complete your program.
During your Medical Assistant program, you’ll learn all aspects of patient care, from delivering injections to keeping health records. Some of these topics can be hard when you first get started but will simplify as you gain experience. At Cambridge, some of the coursework we’ll cover includes:
- Health basics
- Medical assisting
- Administrative procedures
Our Medical Assistant program takes 36 weeks to complete. As a fast-paced medical program, you’ll cover a lot of material at once. This is often one of the main challenges involved in your program. The key is to manage your time wisely, so you can make it through without fail.
As you go through your program, you’re not doing so alone. At Cambridge, we want to support you as you reach your career goals. We do so by:
- Delivering hands-on training: During your program, you’ll have the opportunity to receive hands-on training through clinical externships. You’ll be able to use your newfound skills in real-world medical situations to boost your knowledge.
- Offering study assistance: Whether you need to ask questions about an upcoming assignment or are worried about your next exam, our staff are always willing to help.
- Providing career support: Our Career Services department offers a wide range of career support services, including job placement. We’ll help you find the perfect new job after graduation.
- Utilizing qualified and experienced instructors: Our instructors are highly experienced in the medical field. This means you’ll gain insights from the field you won’t receive elsewhere.
A career as a medical assistant is a great way to start your healthcare career. Our Medical Assistant program delivers everything you need for career success. If you’re ready to get started, simply give our team a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message for more information.