To become a medical assistant, there are some steps you must take. After you obtain your high school diploma, you’ll need to attend a Medical Assistant program. Designed to prepare you for the complexities of the medical field, these programs can sometimes be a challenge.
Medical Assistant programs prepare you for patient care, which can be hard at times. From supporting patients through difficult procedures to doing all you can do to make a patient comfortable when they’re in pain, being a medical assistant can be emotionally and physically demanding.
This is why medical assistant studies are challenging. You must have a firm grasp on medical topics after graduation, so you can deliver excellent patient care in the real world.
To gain that knowledge, you’ll study technical coursework, including anatomy, physiology and phlebotomy. You’ll also need to complete hands-on training through a clinical externship, which can feel scary at first.
Medical Assistant programs are also typically short. At Cambridge, our program lasts 36 weeks. You’ll need to study and learn a lot of information in a short amount of time.
Although a Medical Assistant program has its moments of difficulty, it’s more than worth it. The benefits far outweigh the hours of study. You’ll:
- Make a difference in the lives of many patients and families
- Use your knowledge and skill to support a medical team
- Join a fast-growing field that’s here to stay
With hard work and dedication to your program, you can succeed. Throughout your program, Cambridge is here to support you.
- Study assistance: Have questions about an assignment or exam? Struggling in a certain subject? Our instructors and staff are here to help by providing study assistance.
- Job placement services: After graduation, we’ll help you find a new position in the field through our job placement services. We partner with local healthcare facilities to place new medical assistants in open positions.
- Custom-designed curriculum: Our curriculum has been designed to deliver everything you need for career success, from detailed coursework to hands-on training. You can graduate and start your new career with confidence.
Interested in becoming a medical assistant? It’s a rewarding career with plenty of opportunities. Cambridge is proud to offer our in-depth Medical Assistant program to aspiring medical students.To learn more about our program or to get started today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.