- About Us
- Programs &
- Campuses &
- Licensure and
- Contact Us
Welcome to the Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge Health
In just two years, you can be fully trained to work in a healthcare facility as a professional Radiologic Technologist.
The Radiologic Technology program at Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology trains students with a carefully planned didactic and clinical education experience, enabling students to become competent, entry-level Radiography professionals upon graduation. Clinical competency requirements have been developed in accordance with ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) guidelines.
This Certified Radiologic Technologist Training Program Is Available At These Cambridge Campus Locations:
- Delray Beach Campus – (Associate Degree Program) West Palm Beach, Florida Area.
New Clinical Training in Miami, Florida:
Cambridge Health is proud to introduce its newest clinic location in Miami, Florida. This clinical training experience provides students with hands-on training at one of the most respected hospitals in the state of Florida and country. By working alongside some of the most talented healthcare professionals in the country, students will be more prepared than ever to enter the medical workforce as Radiologic Technologists.
Four Florida Locations For Clinical Training:
Cambridge offers clinical training in these Florida counties: Miami Dade, Palm Beach, Indian River, and Broward. At each location, this clinical experience prepares students to enter the medical workforce by gaining hands-on training at well-respected medical centers, hospitals and healthcare facilities.
Our Radiologic Technologist Training Program Offers:
- Classroom learning lead by qualified, registered instructors.
- Hands-on experience at clinical healthcare facilities, now offered in Miami, now offered in Miami.
- Training on industry standard technology.
What Does A Radiologic Technologist Do?
From preparation to procedure and analysis, the Radiologic Technologist is an essential part of any healthcare facility that uses X-rays performing the following duties:
- Administering and analyzing X-rays
- Positioning patients
- Ensuring quality X-ray imagery
- Injecting patients with trace agents
- Operating high-tech imaging technology
- Reducing radiation exposure
A Hands-on Approach to Medical Training
At the Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology you’ll be trained through clinical rotations at our new Miami location and/or affiliate hospitals in south Florida, along with detailed experience in medical facilities. These classes at the Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology are unsurpassed in terms of personal attention and student preparation.
We are committed to academic and clinical excellence that ensures high-quality and hands-on instruction leading to superior patient care. Our facilities are equipped with industry standard technology and medical equipment. Our staff and instructors are skilled, experienced professionals in their field. Each of our graduates is fully trained and prepared to immediately work as a healthcare professional and take any necessary additional certification exams.
Explore The Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge Health:
Earn Your Degree
At the Cambridge Institute’s Delray Beach campus, you can earn your Associate of Science Degree in Radiologic Technology in just two years.
This certified Radiologic Technology training curriculum provides education and experience in radiographic physics, radiation biology, anatomy & physiology, and radiographic procedures.
As a professional Radiologic Technologist, you will be a highly specialized member of the healthcare team who assists in producing x-ray pictures, called radiographs, to help diagnose and treat patients.
Employment for Radiologic Technologists is expected to grow faster than the average for all other occupations.
Enroll in the Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge
With the training you’ll receive on campus at Cambridge Health, along with hands-on experience gained at our Miami clinic and throughout southern Florida, you’ll be prepared to earn your degree and jumpstart your career as a Radiologic Technologist. We’re ready to help you through every step of the enrollment process.
Would You Like More Information Or Do You Have Questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us! We’d be happy to help.
Radiologic Technology Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the Radiology Program is to provide each student with both the knowledge and skills needed to meet and/or exceed the minimum entry-level requirements to perform as Radiologic Technologists.
Radiologic Technology Program Goals
- Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Outcome: Students will apply positioning skills.
- Outcome: Students will apply radiation safety practices.
- Outcome: Students will demonstrate an understanding of ALARA principles.
- Goal 2: Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in the practice of radiography.
- Outcome: Students will apply critical thinking skills to achieve quality diagnostic images.
- Outcome: Students will evaluate images for diagnostic usefulness.
- Goal 3: Students will communicate effectively.
- Outcome: Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Outcome: Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Goal 4: Students will demonstrate professional behavior.
- Outcome: Students will apply professionalism.
- Outcome: Students will understand ethical behavior.
Program effectiveness data for the Radiology program is available via the Joint Review Committee On Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) at http://www.jrcert.org/resources/program-effectiveness-data/