Learn More About Cambridge’s Radiologic Technology Miami Curriculum
At Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology, we’ve designed our Radiologic Technology program to fit your future career’s needs. The two-year program prepares you for success by providing the knowledge and skills needed to pursue entry-level work as a radiologic technician. Our curriculum has been designed to adhere to the guidelines of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or ARRT and includes:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health science
- Radiologic science
- Image production
- Radiographic physics
- English & Algebra
- Medical terminology
Each course is designed to give you the knowledge you need to sit for and pass the certification exams required to pursue your radiologic technician career.
Offering a Number of Learning Opportunities
Students who choose Cambridge’s Radiologic Technology program receive many benefits, including a variety of learning opportunities for their educational career. Some of these learning opportunities include:
- Online learning: Some of this program’s courses are available online via our distance learning portal. Online courses help you balance work and family life while moving forward with your education.
- Classroom learning: Classroom instruction is an important part of your educational career in the medical field. Our instruction is led by highly-qualified medical professionals with experience in the field of radiology. After learning from our professionals, you’ll be better prepared for your career.
- Externships: Cambridge offers externships at many local Miami healthcare facilities. During these mandatory externships, you’ll be exposed to real-world radiology scenarios, challenges and equipment to supplement your education. You’ll gain invaluable experience and relationships during your externship.
At Cambridge, our goal is to assist you in your career every single step of the way. At the end of your program, you’ll have the knowledge and training required to pass the required certification exams and enter the field as an entry-level radiologic technician.
Radiologic Technology Program Goals
Goal 1: Demonstrate clinical competence in the care of patients.
- Students will apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on image receptors.
- Students will deliver appropriate patient care while maintaining a safe environment according to OSHA and ALARA principles.
Goal 2: Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine exams.
Goal 3: Model professional and ethical behavior as a member of the healthcare team.
- Students will maintain ethical and professional values.
- Students will attend a society meeting.
Goal 4: Demonstrate written and oral communication skills within the healthcare setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
The required coursework includes:
|Fundamentals of Speech
|Anatomy & Physiology
|BSC 1085 L
|Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Anatomy & Physiology II Lab
|Introduction to Health Science
|Introduction to Computers
|Introduction to Psychology
|Introduction to Radiologic Sciences
|Principles of Image Production I
|Principles of Image Production II
|Cross Sectional Anatomy/Advanced Modalities
|Clinical Externship I A
|Clinical Externship II A
|Clinical Externship III A
|Clinical Externship IV A
|Clinical Externship V A
|Radiographic Procedures V
|Radiographic Procedures Lab V
|Radiographic Procedures Lab I
|Radiographic Procedures II
|Radiographic Procedures Lab II
|Radiographic Procedures IV
|Radiographic Procedures Lab IV
|Radiographic Procedures III
|Radiographic Procedures Lab III
|Senior Registry Review
|Radiographic Biology & Protection
Pursue Your Radiologic Technology Career Today Through Cambridge
Your career in the field of radiology starts right here at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami. From clinical externships to study assistance and beyond, we have everything you need for success. Come enjoy Miami with us and jumpstart your career. To get started today, give us a call at 877-206-4279.