Want to start a career in health information management? It’s a booming field full of opportunity. Cambridge offers the curriculum you need for career success through our online Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program.
What You’ll Learn During Your Health Information Management Program
Our Health Information Management program prepares students to enter a wide range of healthcare positions responsible for addressing public health and data management. This program includes 135 weeks of in-depth study.
During your time with us, you’ll learn everything from using data in healthcare to medical terminology. You’ll learn how to keep medical records accessible, how to accurately bill and code and how to use your analytical skills to support medical decision-making.
At the end of your program, you’ll be eligible to take credentialing exams for additional certifications, including:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Certified Coding Specialist
- Certified Coding Associate
A Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management comes with many career opportunities. For example, you could become a Patient Information Coordinator, responsible for helping patients understand their healthcare and billing options.
Other career options such as HIM Director, Medical Records Technician, Medical Research Analyst are also available to you.
The Benefits of Our Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management Degree
Beyond our in-depth Bachelor-level curriculum, you’ll also get to experience a wide range of other benefits:
- 100% online instruction: Our Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management degree is offered completely online. This means you’ll be able to learn at your own pace, where and when you need to. The program is delivered via online chat, video and bulletin boards.
- Expert support: We want to see you succeed. That’s why we only hire experienced instructors and qualified staff to support you. We’re here to help you through exam prep, study assistance and more, depending on your needs.
- Work/life/school balance: Online learning gives you the flexibility you need to study, work, take care of your family or other responsibilities.
- Career opportunities: After you complete your program, our support doesn’t stop. Through our job placement services, we help you find the perfect new job through our local medical partners.
Health Information Management Degree Courses
- Introduction to Health Science
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- Medical Terminology
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Introduction to Psychology
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Humanities I
- Introduction to Computers
- English Composition II
- Introduction to Sociology
- History I
- History II
- American Government
- Introduction to Health Information Management
- Principles of Healthcare Management
- Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Information Management
- CPT and HCPCS Coding
- Healthcare Records Data Management
- Electronic Health Records in Healthcare Today
- Project Management for HIM Professionals
- Healthcare Finance
- Health Information Management Organizational Leadership
- Principles of Healthcare Compliance
- Coding and Classification Systems I
- Healthcare Research and Data Analysis
- Data Governance for the HIM Profession
- Quality Performance Improvement Concepts
- Human Resources in Health Information Management
- Coding and Classification Systems II
- Revenue Cycle Management for the HIM Professional
- HIM Seminar
Start Your Health Information Management Program Today
Our Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program is a great choice for students ready to take their healthcare careers to the next level. To learn more about the program or to apply today, call us at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.