At Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology, our Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program has been carefully designed to prepare students for rewarding careers in Ultrasound imaging. Our campus in Delray Beach, located in the beautiful Palm Beach area, offers students a flexible and innovative learning experience.
Over the 24-month program, students enjoy classroom and distance learning led by experienced instructors, hands-on training on current technology, and in-the-field experience in area medical facilities.
Gain the Knowledge, Training and Skills You Need to Succeed
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs mission is to prepare students for successful careers in the medical field. To accomplish this goal, the program offers:
- Knowledge: To be successful, medical professionals need a sound understanding of a wide range of topics, including anatomy, pharmacology and more. To help students build this wide knowledge base, the program covers topics ranging from algebra to physics, as well as the principles of specific forms of sonography.
- Training: Operating diagnostic imaging technology is far more complicated than flipping a switch. The program offers the hands-on training students need to learn how to efficiently and safely operate state-of-the-art imaging technology.
- Skills: Successful medical professionals require sound communication skills, the ability to organize and multi-task, a strong moral compass and a keen eye for detail. The program’s curriculum includes courses designed to create and foster these skills and to help students employ them on a daily basis.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Goals
- “To Prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains” and or
- “To Prepare competent entry-level adult cardiac sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains” and or
|Course Code||Course Description|
|BCS-1085*||Anatomy & Physiology I|
|BCS-1085L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab|
|BCS-1086*||Anatomy & Physiology II|
|BCS-1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab|
|ENC 1101*||English Composition|
|HSC 1000*||Introduction to Health Sciences|
|MAC 1105*||College Algebra|
|MEA 1239*||Medical Terminology|
|PSY 1012*||Introduction to Psychology|
|SPC 1016*||Fundamentals of Speech|
|DMSA-1002||Principles of Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation|
|DMSA-2001||Principles of Abdominal Sonography I|
|DMSA-2002||Principles of Abdominal Sonography II|
|DMSA-2003||Principles of OBGYN Sonography I|
|DMSA-2004||Principles of OBGYN Sonography II|
|DMSA-2005||Introduction to Vascular Sonography|
|DMSA-2006||Echocardiographic Pathology I|
|DMSA-2007||Echocardiographic Pathology II|
|DMSA-2009||Introduction to Echocardiographic Anatomy|
|DMSA-2010||Clinical Externship I|
|DMSA-2011||Clinical Externship II|
|DMSA-2012||Clinical Externship III|
|DMSA-2013||Clinical Externship IV|
*Indicates courses taught via Distance Education
Institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
Become a Skilled Diagnostic Medical Sonography Professional
The demand for qualified medical imaging professionals has never been higher. Associate of Science Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Cambridge College helps students take advantage of the industry’s growth by helping them become confident, skilled medical professionals. Seize the opportunities presented by the growing field of sonography—to get started on the path toward your new career, apply now or contact an advisor today.