Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology is proud to offer an accredited Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program from our beautiful campus in Orlando, Florida. The 24-month program offers students a variety of learning opportunities, including:
- Classroom instruction: Highly experienced professionals offer in-class instruction regarding the topics necessary to build a foundation for success in the Sonography field. From anatomy to principles of sonography, instructors provide the personal and supportive teaching students need to build a working knowledge of sonographic imaging.
- Distance learning: A well-rounded student is a successful student. With that in mind, the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program’s curriculum includes a variety of useful courses, including speech, algebra and English composition. These courses are offered online via the college’s distance learning platform.
- Hands-on training: Diagnostic imaging technology is complex in nature, making it important for students to receive extensive training. Cambridge offers a state-of-the-art technology lab for students to receive hands-on training utilizing the technology they will use throughout their careers.
- Externship: Real-world experience is vital to learning a complex trade like diagnostic sonography. With that in mind, we’ve partnered with several hospitals, doctors’ offices and imaging facilities in the Orlando. Through the program’s required externship program, you’ll learn from professionals in the field and gain the experience necessary to hit the ground running the first day of your new career.
The Knowledge and Training You Need to Succeed
To be successful in the medical field, you must possess a wide knowledge base, as well as several key skills and aptitudes. The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program offers the training and skills students need to:
- Communicate effectively
- Act professionally and ethically
- Be clinically competent as entry-level sonographers
- Understand ultrasound physics and instrumentation
- Be knowledgeable in General and Echocardiographic sonography
To help students build these skills, the program’s course schedule includes:
|Course Code||Course Description|
|BCS-1085||Anatomy & Physiology I|
|BCS-1085L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab|
|BCS-1086||Anatomy & Physiology II|
|BCS-1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab|
|ENC 1101*||English Composition|
|HSC 1000*||Introduction to Health Sciences|
|MAC 1105*||College Algebra|
|MEA 1239*||Medical Terminology|
|PSY 1012*||Introduction to Psychology|
|SPC 1016*||Fundamentals of Speech|
|DMSA-1002||Principles of Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation|
|DMSA-2001||Principles of Abdominal Sonography I|
|DMSA-2002||Principles of Abdominal Sonography II|
|DMSA-2003||Principles of OBGYN Sonography I|
|DMSA-2004||Principles of OBGYN Sonography II|
|DMSA-2005||Introduction to Vascular Sonography|
|DMSA-2006||Echocardiographic Pathology I|
|DMSA-2007||Echocardiographic Pathology II|
|DMSA-2009||Introduction to Echocardiographic Anatomy|
|DMSA-2010||Clinical Externship I|
|DMSA-2011||Clinical Externship II|
|DMSA-2012||Clinical Externship III|
|DMSA-2013||Clinical Externship IV|
*Indicates courses taught via Distance Education
Institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
Learn More or Apply Today
The Associate of Science Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Cambridge Institute offers the comprehensive knowledge and training you need to prepare for a successful career. To begin creating the foundation you need to become a skilled medical professional, apply now or contact an advisor today.