Working in cyber security is a fascinating field. Every day, you get to use innovative methods to solve problems and safeguard people’s information.
If you’re looking to develop your career in cyber and network security, you may be wondering how to learn it from home. Let’s explore the steps to take so you can advance in this booming industry.
Landing some of the best jobs in cyber security will require official credentials, with many industries asking for educated cyber security professionals. Even if you don’t have a technical background, you can learn cyber security right from home with an online program.
Having an official education in cyber security gives you a competitive edge in the job market. It also provides you with a supportive community of teachers, classmates, career services and advisors to ensure your educational and professional success.
There are many different online programs to explore. Look for one that provides you with foundational cyber security knowledge, offers opportunities to boost your skills, and has flexible programming to fit your schedule.
At Cambridge, we offer three levels of cyber security programs to best suit your needs:
- Certificate program: A certificate in Cyber and Network Security only takes 60 weeks to complete. You’ll master all the basics for entry-level employment in business and information technology, as well as health-related businesses.
- Associate’s degree: Our Associate of Science in Cyber and Network Security elevates your credentials and can be completed in two years. You’ll also develop non-technical skills needed for cyber security through general education classes.
- Bachelor’s degree: The Bachelor of Science in Cyber and Network Security is the highest level of programming to accelerate your career. You’ll develop foundational and specialized skills to become a well-rounded cyber security professional.
A big component of learning cyber security at home is preparing for IT certifications. These certifications show your cyber and network security expertise to future clients and employers.
Earning a certification requires passing an exam, so you’ll have to study and practice beforehand. You can do this right at home with online practice materials.
At Cambridge, cyber security certification preparation is included in each program. The certifications you take will depend upon the career path you choose, but may include the following:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA A+
- Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA)
You can become a cyber security professional right from home. Each program at Cambridge is designed to provide you with the in-demand skills needed for a successful career. Learn about our flexible, online program options by calling us at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.
More on cyber security training