Cyber and Network Security Program
Certificate in Cyber and Network Security
The Cyber and Network Security Certificate program offers preparation in the knowledge and skills for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the business and information technology industries including security professionals or enter additional training to meet the demands of various organizations, of various organizations, including health-related businesses.
This program focuses on cyber and network security through risk assessment and digital forensics to safeguard infrastructure and secure data through continuity planning and disaster recovery operations. It includes proven methods for information security using software analysis techniques and networking strategies to prevent, detect, and mitigate cyberattacks. In response to an increasing demand for network and security professionals, students will learn to apply knowledge and skills in network security and secure data through effective IT policies and procedures, to ensure uptime, performance, resources, and security of networks to meet the needs of the organization. Additionally, students will learn to describe the role of an information technology security specialist, demonstrate compliance and operational security, the use of ethical hacking, how to prevent IT attacks, the use of physical security, and the proficiency in network device security and access control models. The program develops attitudes and relationship skills required in organizations including the healthcare industry with a focus on technical skill sets required by local employers in the IT and related fields, including healthcare IT. The structure of this program is intended to prepare students to be ready for future certifications. The course content includes, but is not limited to, communication, leadership skills, human relations, employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
Does the Program Provide National Certification Exam Preparation?
How Does It Prepare Me for the Certification Exams?
The structure of the program is intended to prepare students to complete the CompTIA A+ Hardware and Software, Google IT Support Professional Certification Exam Preparation, Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA), Exam Preparation, CompTIA Security + Certification Exam Preparation, Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH) Exam Preparation, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam preparation and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam.
Cyber and Network Security Curriculum
- Introduction to Information Technology Including Google IT Support Professional Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Computer Software Fundamentals including CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Preparation
- Fundamentals of Information Security in Healthcare
- Designing Customized Security
- Managing Web Security including Certified Internet Webmaster Web Security Associate (CIW WSA) Exam Preparation
- Digital Forensics in Cybersecurity
- Managing Information Security*
- Network and Security Foundations
- Network and Security Applications including CompTIA Security + Certification Exam Preparation
- Cyber Defense and Countermeasures including Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
- Exam Preparation
- Information Systems Security Technology Specialist including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP) exam preparation and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam preparation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of Computer Networking is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for prescription medications will lead to more demand for pharmaceutical services.
- Cyber and Network Security program plays a key role in the preparation of knowledge and skill for students to enter employment in a variety of entry-level occupations in the IT industry and Healthcare-related industries as Cyber and Network Security support professionals
You will earn a Certificate upon successful completion of this training program.
- 60 weeks
Cyber and Network Security Industry Certifications available for Diploma Program & Associates Degree Program
- CompTia IT Fundamentals Certification Exam (ITF+) The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity, identifying common software applications and their purpose and using security and web browsing best practices.
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exam A+ (A Plus) is an entry-level computer certification for PC computer service technicians. The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. The A+ certification is sponsored by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). There are two exams that must be taken in order to earn the certification.
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Web Security Associate Certification Exam The CIW Web Security Associate focuses on you how to secure your network from unauthorized activity. The exam is designed to certify knowledge of security principles, such as establishing an effective security policy, and about the different types of hacker activities that you are most likely to encounter.
- CompTia Security+ Certification Exam CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn.
- Certified Incident Handler Certification Exam The EC-Council Certified Incident Handler certification is designed to elevate the fundamental skills to handle and respond to computer security incidents in an information system. The ECIH certification will provide professionals with greater industry acceptance as the seasoned incident handler. Candidates are required to have one year of work experience in cyber security to be eligible to take the exam.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner Exam The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is the ideal certification for those with proven technical skills and practical, hands-on security knowledge in operational IT roles. It provides confirmation of a practitioner’s ability to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability. Candidates must have a minimum of 1-year cyber security work experience to be eligible to take the exam.
- Certified Ethical Hacker Certification Exam The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is a core certification for an information security professional, also referred to as a white-hat hacker, who systematically attempts to inspect network infrastructure with the consent of its owner to find security vulnerabilities which a malicious hacker could potentially exploit. The Certified Ethical Hacker Certification Exam is designed to determine the knowledge of evaluating the security posture of an organization by identifying vulnerabilities in the network and system infrastructure to determine if unauthorized access is possible. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in cyber security.
- Cisco Certified Cybersecurity Operations Associate Certification Exam The new Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate program focuses on the latest operational skills and knowledge you need for real-world jobs in security operations c enters (SOCs). SOC analysts serve as the front line of defense against cybersecurity threats – preventing and detecting threats to defend your organization. Certification as a cybersecurity operations associate validates your skills in this vital function.
Recent Cyber and Network Security News & Articles
- How to Get a Degree in Network Security
Network security is a fast-growing field chock full of opportunities for students interested in technology. All organizations, regardless of industry, require network security specialists to protect their critical network infrastructure. As a… Read more »
- What’s the Difference Between a Certificate, Associate’s Degree & a Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity?
You’re interested in getting into the growing cybersecurity field, and now you’re trying to figure out what credentials might help you get started. But you’ve found that there are certificates,… Read more »
- Can I Get a Job With a Cybersecurity Certificate?
Companies are increasingly hiring cybersecurity job applicants who do not have college degrees but do have relevant certificates. The field is growing so fast that there simply aren’t enough degree-holding candidates to… Read more »