Computer networking is a promising career path for anyone interested in technology. After all, every organization in every industry requires computer networks. If you’re ready to take the next step towards becoming a computer networking professional, obtaining a Bachelor’s degree might be a great choice for you.
The field of computer networking features many unique career paths you can choose from based on your interests and goals. Some of these available career opportunities include:
- System administrator: A system administrator is responsible for managing and troubleshooting computer systems and networks. They’re often in charge of updating software, helping users implement new hardware and performing network maintenance.
- Network architect: Network architects spend their days designing and building computer networks for corporations and large organizations. This includes the designing of LANs, WANs and intranets.
- Computer network support specialist: As a computer network support specialist, you’ll assist network users with questions and concerns. You’ll also provide technical support across your organization.
Not only is computer networking a rewarding career, but it’s also a required career for all organizations. For example, healthcare facilities require network specialists to ensure their critical devices can connect and provide life-saving services. And for businesses, network specialists ensure they’re able to provide their services and sell products.
Cambridge’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Networking program was designed to deliver the education you need for career success. This program takes approximately 75 weeks to complete and is 100% online.
During this program, you’ll learn a wide variety of skills through many unique courses. Some of these courses include:
- Microcomputer Applications
- Data Management Foundations and Applications
- Scripting and Programming Foundations
- Implementing and Administering Network Solutions
- Cloud Deployment and Operations
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
After graduation, you’ll be prepared to take and pass the various certification exams to solidify your knowledge. These various exams include:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- CompTIA Project+
- Healthcare-related certifications
Plus, you’ll receive the dedicated support that Cambridge is known for. We’re here to help you reach success.
Want to start your new career in computer networking? Cambridge is here to help. Our Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking is a great next step. To learn more about the program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.