All medical facilities from hospitals to clinics require the expertise and care of nurses. As a nursing assistant, you’ll work alongside nurses to improve patient care. Your day will consist of supporting patients through various tasks such as eating, bathing and taking their medications.
Is it hard to be a nursing assistant? Although challenging at times, a Nursing Assistant program can help prepare you for the field.
Careers in Nursing Can Be Challenging
Just like all other careers in the medical field, nursing can be a challenge. You’ll work hand-in-hand with patients as they venture through difficult moments involving their health and wellbeing. Some of the challenges you may face include:
- Education: To be a nursing assistant, there are specific educational requirements. For example, you must know how to administer medications, how to check a patient’s blood pressure and how to communicate with patient care teams. Medical education can be challenging at first, especially for those new to the industry.
- Patient care: Patient care can be challenging too. Often, patients are struggling through moments of grief and sadness due to a new diagnosis or pain. And sometimes, patients will be difficult to work with as they go through these trying times.
- Difficult tasks: Nursing assistants are often faced with difficult tasks such as supporting distressed family members and moving patients who are unable to move on their own. It can also be a physically demanding job as you’ll need to be up and active for most of your workday.
Cambridge’s Nursing Assistant Program Will Help Prepare You for the Field
With the knowledge earned through an in-depth Nursing Assistant program, you can jump any hurdle with confidence while in the field. Cambridge’s program includes all of the subject matter you need for success, including:
- Patient care
- Medication administration
- Basics of healthcare
- Capturing and recording vital signs
Our experienced instructors have real-life experience in the field, so they’ll share insights you won’t receive anywhere else. Plus, through our externship program, you’ll work with care teams in local facilities to gain hands-on experience before graduation.
Start a Rewarding Career in Nursing With Cambridge
Although the nursing field can be challenging, it’s also rewarding. As a nurse assistant, you’ll make a difference in the lives of many. Get started today with our Nursing Assistant program. To learn more about the program or to apply today, call our team today at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.