The medical assistant career is an exciting one. As a medical assistant, you have the opportunity to work in direct patient care in a wide range of facilities.
8 Places Medical Assistants Can Work in Miami
As a medical assistant, you’ll be responsible for supporting other healthcare providers with patient care. This means that you can work virtually anywhere that requires a medical team.
- Hospitals: Hospitals require large care teams to work in various disciplines. For example, you can work in emergency care or in the intensive care unit. It’s also possible to work in specialized areas such as labor and delivery or pediatrics.
- Long-term care facilities: Long-term care facilities such as nursing homes require medical assistants dedicated to quality care. Not only will you need to care for your patients each day, but you’ll also need to provide patient families with additional support.
- Doctor’s offices: In a doctor’s office setting, you’ll more than likely get to know your patients on a deeper level than you would in a hospital or larger facility. As a medical assistant in this setting, you’ll be responsible for patient care as well as clerical duties such as appointment scheduling.
- Specialty clinics: There’s a specialty for every type of interest in healthcare. For example, you can work in a gastroenterology clinic or even a women’s health clinic.
- Therapy centers: If you want to support patients as they get back on their feet, a therapy center might be a great choice. You can support physical therapists, occupational therapists and other long-term therapy providers.
- Surgical centers: As a medical assistant, you also have the opportunity to work with patients undergoing or coming out of surgery. For example, you can perform the aftercare required such as dressing changes and taking vitals.
- Schools: Schools, colleges and universities sometimes hire medical assistants to assist school nurses or doctors.
- Diagnostic facilities: You can choose to work in a diagnostic laboratory where you’ll get to handle samples and perform testing to help diagnose medical conditions and illness.
How to Become a Medical Assistant in Miami
Becoming a medical assistant is easier than you might think. If you have your high school diploma or GED, you’re ready to move forward. You’ll need to obtain certification through an accredited Medical Assistant program, such as the one offered here in Miami through Cambridge.
After program completion, you’ll be eligible to sit for the RMA, CMA and NCCT national registry and certification exams. While these credentials aren’t necessary for employment, they’re available to you to boost your resume.
Ready to Start Your Medical Assistant Career? Call Us Today.
Are you ready to start your new medical assistant career? Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology in Miami can help you reach your career goals. To learn more about our Medical Assistant program or to apply today, give us a call at 877-206-4279 or send us a message.