- About Us
- Programs &
- Campuses &
- Licensure and
- Contact Us
Radiation Therapy Curriculum
The mission of the Radiation Therapy program is to graduate health care professionals who are competent Radiation Therapists through the provision of quality academic and clinical experiences.
The curriculum includes instruction and experience in a variety of patient care and education, treatment delivery, radiation protection and quality assurance. The lesson plan also offers clinical concepts in radiation oncology, and treatment planning procedures.
- Atlanta Campus - Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology Radiation Therapy Curriculum
- Delray Beach Campus - Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology Radiation Therapy Curriculum A.S. Degree
Goals of the Radiation Therapy Program:
- Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Outcome: Students will be able to accurately align and position patients
- Outcome: Students will apply principles of radiation protection
- Outcome: Students will demonstrate appropriate patient care
- Goal 2: Students will communicate effectively.
- Outcome: Students will use effective oral communication skills
- Outcome: Students will apply written communication skills
- Goal 3: Students will use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outcome: Students will interpret prescription/treatment plans
- Outcome: Students will employ computer skills
- Goal 4: Students will evaluate the importance of professionalism.
- Outcome: Students will practice professional behavior
- Outcome: Students will understand ethics of the profession