The Radiologic Technologist Training Program at Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology’s Palm Beach area campus prepares students for entry-level careers in the radiology field. The two-year program provides the foundational knowledge and critical skills necessary for successful employment in hospitals, clinics and many other healthcare settings.
The program’s curriculum has been carefully designed to adhere to the guidelines of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The program covers a wide range of subject matter, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health science
- Medical terminology
- Radiologic science
- Image production
- Radiographic physics
Upon successful completion of the program, students are prepared to act as a key member of a larger patient care team, and to execute the many duties of the radiologic technologist position, including capturing and analyzing diagnostic images.
The Well-Rounded Education You Need to Succeed in a Radiology Career
The Radiologic Technologist Training Program offers the education and training necessary to a successful radiology career. Through a combination of classroom instruction, online coursework and hands-on training, the program prepares students to:
- Use and manage technology: Throughout the program, students gain valuable hands-on experience in our cutting-edge technology training lab. The technology lab houses the industry current radiology equipment, allowing students to train and build skills on machines they are likely to use throughout their careers.
- Capture quality images: Radiologic Technologists are tasked with capturing a wide range of images for diagnostic purposes. To prepare students for that role, the program’s classroom and online instruction offer detailed knowledge of the human body, while hands-on training and externships train help students to build the skills needed to capture quality images.
- Provide effective patient care: The program’s required externships offer students the opportunity to work closely with patients in leading medical facilities throughout the Palm Beach area. The real-world experience gained during externships helps students better relate to and build rapport with patients.
Radiologic Technology Program Goals
Goal 1: Demonstrate clinical competence in the care of patients.
- Students will apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on image receptors.
- Students will deliver appropriate patient care while maintaining a safe environment according to OSHA and ALARA principles.
Goal 2: Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine exams.
Goal 3: Model professional and ethical behavior as a member of the healthcare team.
- Students will maintain ethical and professional values.
- Students will attend a society meeting.
Goal 4: Demonstrate written and oral communication skills within the healthcare setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
|Course Code||Course Description||Credits|
|ENC 1101||English Composition||3|
|SPC 1016||Fundamentals of Speech||3|
|BSC 1085||Anatomy & Physiology||3|
|BSC 1085 L||Anatomy & Physiology I Lab||1|
|BSC 1086||Anatomy & Physiology II||3|
|BSC 1086L||Anatomy & Physiology II Lab||1|
|HSC 1000||Introduction to Health Science||3|
|MAC 1105||College Algebra||3|
|MEA 1239||Medical Terminology||2|
|CTS 1050||Introduction to Computers||3|
|PSY 1012||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|RTE 1201||Introduction to Radiologic Sciences||3|
|RTE 1025||Principles of Image Production I||2|
|RTE 1026||Principles of Image Production II||2|
|RTE 2025||Cross Sectional Anatomy/Advanced Modalities||3|
|RTE 1030||Radiographic Physics||4|
|RTE 1270A||Clinical Externship I A||5|
|RTE 1280A||Clinical Externship II A||5|
|RTE 2005A||Clinical Externship III A||8|
|RTE 2010A||Clinical Externship IV A||8|
|RTE 2020A||Clinical Externship V A||8|
|RTE 1206||Radiographic Procedures V||2|
|RTE 1206L||Radiographic Procedures Lab V||1|
|RTE 1202||Radiographic ProceduresI||3|
|RTE 1202L||Radiographic Procedures Lab I||1|
|RTE 1203||Radiographic Procedures II||3|
|RTE 1203L||Radiographic Procedures Lab II||1|
|RTE 1205||Radiographic Procedures IV||2|
|RTE 1205L||Radiographic Procedures Lab IV||1|
|RTE 1204||Radiographic Procedures III||2|
|RTE 1204L||Radiographic Procedures Lab III||1|
|RTE 2500||Senior Registry Review||3|
|RTE 2015||Radiographic Biology & Protection||3|
Start Your Radiologic Technologist Career in Just Two Years. Apply Today.
In just two years, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed to start a rewarding career in the radiology field. To get started, apply for the Radiologic Technologist Training Program or contact an advisor today.